Honored Contributor

Re: A funny thing about Susan Graver...

@Catch71 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I can't stand how she calls her self a "pants expert" but VERY SELDOM does tall pants. What the heck is the problem? She says "they are coming" but she's been saying that for years and years. Stop the phony baloney please. To really be "inclusive" (new selling tactic word of the day ) to me means ALL pants should come in 3 lengths petite, reg and tall.  

Actually, to be inclusive, so to speak. would be including an actual petite pant which is more than just about inseam length but includes a shorter crotch rise.  Talls probably have the opposite problem which can result in "camel toe".  

I don't watch Susan Graver, not necessarily because I dislike her or her clothing.  I really don't have an opinion yet on her clothing.  I just don't spend a lot of time watching clothing presentations on any of the shoppng channels.   Clothing in general at both QVC & HSN is more expensive than I want to spend especially when you add in s/h and taxes even for sale items.  Plus, so much emphasis on loungy clothing turns me off.  I did buy one Susan Graver top recently that was on clearance and as far as I can tell it's a nice top.  Luckily, I sized down to an XS when I would normally wear a S or N in B&M clothing.  

A lot of designers claim their clothing hides imperfections.  Diane Gilman comes to mind.  But all the "problems" she seems to think all women of a certain age have are actually the opposite for me, so I don't even bother looking at her clothing.  

And I happen to like a lot of "loud prints".  To each his own.

@Icegoddess 

FYI; Susan's pants in petite are proportioned for petite everywhere, not just inseam. I know because I am only 5'1" and I always check garment measurements before I purchase.

Susan does know how to fit a pant. Her pants are comparable to Talbots Perites in quality and accurate petite measurements everywhere, which I have been buying for years. 

@Catch71 , That's good to know.  Most, it seems, don't since they're always telling people if they want a shorter pant to just order the petite.  It also appears that her pants legs are not as tight as others are which is something else I'm always looking for.  I don't have skinny legs and I don't want my pants looking like leggings no matter how much they stretch.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I like Susan and her clothes.  She is a happy, energetic woman with a very good business and also a good family life in addition to being a talented singer and artist.   Besides, she is an animal lover so in my book that makes her a good person.  I see alot of jealously and envy in posts about her.  Sorry folks but that is what I see.

@KathyM23 I don't understand that when people say they dislike something about a particular person, then they are branded "jealous" of that person.  That happens all the time on posts about Meghan Markle.  You don't like her, so obviously, you are jealous of her, or racist.  Please explain the connection to me of not liking a particular aspect about someone translating into being jealous of that person.  It really makes no sense, because if you don't like something about that person, why would you want to be like that person or have what they have?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips   I did not mention a particular post or poster.  There are many posts about Susan both pro and con and on some of the posts the poster doesn’t just express their dislike of something about Susan but go over the top in their ugly verbiage about her personally.   IMO I do see jealousy/envy in those types of posts that attack the person and not just the trait they don’t like; perhaps it may be because she does have what she has. 

As far as the overtalking goes, I think it is the other way around.  Susan is trying to point out and talk about details about her products which is what I want to hear and hosts overtalk her with the – only order of the year, 4 easy pays, how many selling and so on and on with the drivel.  Not the host’s fault as they are required by the PTB to do this.  I don’t like that you brought Meagan Markle into this post as she has nothing to do with this and I have no opinion one way or the other about her.  She is just a famous person to me.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

So true .....

Just sit on a non-fabric seat wearing a pair of liqud knit (or most other synthetic fiber) pants .....

You have to pry them off your legs when you stand up.  That's why I always a pants liner or dance tights under my pants.

=======================================

@Kachina624 wrote:

She also talks constantly about how liquid knit never grabs you but I find its very clingy and readily grabs.  Just so much sales talk.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Puppy Lips   I did not mention a particular post or poster.  There are many posts about Susan both pro and con and on some of the posts the poster doesn’t just express their dislike of something about Susan but go over the top in their ugly verbiage about her personally.   IMO I do see jealousy/envy in those types of posts that attack the person and not just the trait they don’t like; perhaps it may be because she does have what she has. 

As far as the overtalking goes, I think it is the other way around.  Susan is trying to point out and talk about details about her products which is what I want to hear and hosts overtalk her with the – only order of the year, 4 easy pays, how many selling and so on and on with the drivel.  Not the host’s fault as they are required by the PTB to do this.  I don’t like that you brought Meagan Markle into this post as she has nothing to do with this and I have no opinion one way or the other about her.  She is just a famous person to me.

@KathyM23 I happen to like Susan and have many of her clothes.  But she DOES start talking, or continue to do so, after the host has started to give the required information.  I have not personally read any posts about Susan that go into her personally that is over the top and unwarranted.  I am sure they are there, but the only posts I have read are about her talking too much, twirling around too much and so forth.  The only reason I brought up MM is that people on Facebook will automatically label someone as "jealous" if they say anything negative about her, like you did in your post.  Just because you may not like someone, or something about them, does not mean you are jealous.  Still makes no sense to me to think that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I found that knit stuff to be hot and clingy.  Some of the designs are very pretty but they just aren't good on me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I like some of SG clothing...the premium stretch, woven tops etc.  I don't like LK at all; it's hot and clingy.  Everyone has different taste but she does put a lot of effort into her designs, nice colors & she knows all about her line.  Her interrupting can be distracting because you miss the information when both she and host talk at the same time.   I think she has a hyper personality and very enthusiastic about her offerings so maybe it's hard for her to be still.   She wears her clothing well herself, always looks nice

Honored Contributor

The good thing about Susan is that she continues to sell and sell and sell.

Vendors who don't disappear.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I can't stand how she calls her self a "pants expert" but VERY SELDOM does tall pants. What the heck is the problem? She says "they are coming" but she's been saying that for years and years. Stop the phony baloney please. To really be "inclusive" (new selling tactic word of the day ) to me means ALL pants should come in 3 lengths petite, reg and tall.  

I think this has more to do with the buyers for her line. Susan doesn't decide which garments will be offered in which size ranges. It's like when people used to try to blame Gary for the lack of petites or talls in D&Co.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I found that knit stuff to be hot and clingy.  Some of the designs are very pretty but they just aren't good on me.  

Yes, some are pretty but too hot for me too.  I wish she would start to use pima cotton.