Respected Contributor

Re: A funny thing about Susan Graver...

@jonbon wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I can't stand how she calls her self a "pants expert" but VERY SELDOM does tall pants. What the heck is the problem? She says "they are coming" but she's been saying that for years and years. Stop the phony baloney please. To really be "inclusive" (new selling tactic word of the day ) to me means ALL pants should come in 3 lengths petite, reg and tall.  

I think this has more to do with the buyers for her line. Susan doesn't decide which garments will be offered in which size ranges. It's like when people used to try to blame Gary for the lack of petites or talls in D&Co.

I find it hard to believe that if Susan wanted to add talls to her line the buyers would refuse. Almost all the vendors on HSN and even MOST on Q offer talls but Susan hardly ever. Nope....not for Susan.If she said I'm doing talls they would add them to the mix. I don't see why she refuses to add talls. Inclusive for all but tall ladies.Please don't say AGAIN it is the buyers fault. Baloney! If she really wanted to do talls they would "show up" like she has been saying they would for years now. Quit blaming the buyers. What is the problem Susan?

Honored Contributor

I find nothing funny about her!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I can't stand how she calls her self a "pants expert" but VERY SELDOM does tall pants. What the heck is the problem? She says "they are coming" but she's been saying that for years and years. Stop the phony baloney please. To really be "inclusive" (new selling tactic word of the day ) to me means ALL pants should come in 3 lengths petite, reg and tall.  

I think this has more to do with the buyers for her line. Susan doesn't decide which garments will be offered in which size ranges. It's like when people used to try to blame Gary for the lack of petites or talls in D&Co.

I find it hard to believe that if Susan wanted to add talls to her line the buyers would refuse. Almost all the vendors on HSN and even MOST on Q offer talls but Susan hardly ever. Nope....not for Susan.If she said I'm doing talls they would add them to the mix. I don't see why she refuses to add talls. Inclusive for all but tall ladies.Please don't say AGAIN it is the buyers fault. Baloney! If she really wanted to do talls they would "show up" like she has been saying they would for years now. Quit blaming the buyers. What is the problem Susan?

It's the same way with natural fabrics. Susan has said for years and years her customers asking (begging) for natural fabrics. At a snail pace, she has brought a few natural fabrics. It's Susan: she loves her LK and doesn't want to change or for others to prefer something besides 100% Polyester.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

OK, whatever you say. But if it's that simple, why doesn't she do it?

Honored Contributor

Her comment about reading and responding to comments...I did a facebook question via messenger...never heard back.

Valued Contributor

I never watch Susan, but recently tuned in and was surprised to see that she has had a little facial lift done. It looks great! Whoever did her work (maybe Dr. Denese?) did an excellent job; it's not over the top and she is not pulled too tight.  She now looks younger than some of the young hosts!  

I wore lots of her clothes about 20 years ago. I loved Peachskin because it really was like silk, and I had so many outfits.  I hate LK, no matter what she says about it. 

Honored Contributor

Back in Susan's early days on QVC, I had quite a collection of her poly-silk and it was wonderful!  The poly was beautiful, not too hot and washed well and extremely well made.  I loved it and bought a lot.  She was a lot different back then too, she actually let the host do most of the talking.  I didn't find it hard to watch her shows at all.  Certainly not jealous, then or now..

But her clothing has changed quite a bit and I've simply stopped buying.  Her non-stop gabbing, singing, dancing, etc. has led me to believe there might be some kind of problem, but even then, to each his own.  I simply do not and have not watched her for years.  Love her dog  though.....(we're Corgi lovers)....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I never watch Susan, but recently tuned in and was surprised to see that she has had a little facial lift done. It looks great! Whoever did her work (maybe Dr. Denese?) did an excellent job; it's not over the top and she is not pulled too tight.  She now looks younger than some of the young hosts!  

I wore lots of her clothes about 20 years ago. I loved Peachskin because it really was like silk, and I had so many outfits.  I hate LK, no matter what she says about it. 

I am happy you like Graver's facelift after all you paid for it.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I like Susan and her clothes.  She is a happy, energetic woman with a very good business and also a good family life in addition to being a talented singer and artist.   Besides, she is an animal lover so in my book that makes her a good person.  I see alot of jealously and envy in posts about her.  Sorry folks but that is what I see.

----------------------

I agree with all that you said about Susan - she is family oriented, energetic and happy. 

But, none of those traits make her a good show host/vendor!!  Her constant talking and interrupting is something I choose not to watch or hear anymore. 

I use to watch her shows every Thursday -- years ago.  I can no longer listen to her compulsive talking!!  I do enjoy watching Beth - her stand in.