Honored Contributor

Re: A funny thing about Susan Graver...

I have a few of her long sleeve, solid, button down blouses I bought in the past, along with several dressy ponchos I still wear. I like her pants. I usually buy on clearance. I no longer watch her shows. I think her clothes are well made, as most of what I have I bought years ago. 

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't stand how she calls her self a "pants expert" but VERY SELDOM does tall pants. What the heck is the problem? She says "they are coming" but she's been saying that for years and years. Stop the phony baloney please. To really be "inclusive" (new selling tactic word of the day ) to me means ALL pants should come in 3 lengths petite, reg and tall.  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Everybody uses polyester, it's been in the marketplace for eons. SG has not by any stretch of liquid knit made poly infamous. Yes there are certainly different grades of poly fabrics, she's not cornered this market.

Some runs hot and some runs cold. You cannot wear this stuff in the winter and think you'll be warm. Will it keep you cool in the summer? No. SG just cuts it a little bigger so it doesn't grab and stick to you and she talks about this too. 

Most of us have some sort of poly in the closets, just depends on who you like, what you think about it. It is easy care, easy wash, quick to dry, it does for the most part wear well.

@PINKdogWOOD 

Most clothing, up until the linen boom of recent, was made of polyester.  Find a store that sells clothing and you would find mostly polyester unless it was a store dedicated to a certain fabric.  In Europe, it is a little different but they are more select in their clothing than most Americans are.  They buy less and have "more" quality.  But even Saks 5th Avenue has its share of polyester.  Some of the new modals and bamboos have entered the marketplace and taken the place of a little of the polyester, but there is still enough polyester and in enough grades and qualities not to cheat anyone who wants polyester.  Even Chico's who sells Travelers, which is of a great quality, sells a lower grade quality of polyester, similar to Susan Graver's liquid knit. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Susan and her clothes.  She is a happy, energetic woman with a very good business and also a good family life in addition to being a talented singer and artist.   Besides, she is an animal lover so in my book that makes her a good person.  I see alot of jealously and envy in posts about her.  Sorry folks but that is what I see.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I like Susan and her clothes.  She is a happy, energetic woman with a very good business and also a good family life in addition to being a talented singer and artist.   Besides, she is an animal lover so in my book that makes her a good person.  I see alot of jealously and envy in posts about her.  Sorry folks but that is what I see.

QVC purchased her company several years ago. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao I knew that and I wonder at what price.  At her age makes her working life easier but still profitable.  I also wonder on the companies QVC bought, does the terms of purchase also include percentage commision of sales in addition to selling price.

Trusted Contributor

That would be very interesting to know @KathyM23!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I can't stand how she calls her self a "pants expert" but VERY SELDOM does tall pants. What the heck is the problem? She says "they are coming" but she's been saying that for years and years. Stop the phony baloney please. To really be "inclusive" (new selling tactic word of the day ) to me means ALL pants should come in 3 lengths petite, reg and tall.  

Actually, to be inclusive, so to speak. would be including an actual petite pant which is more than just about inseam length but includes a shorter crotch rise.  Talls probably have the opposite problem which can result in "camel toe".  

I don't watch Susan Graver, not necessarily because I dislike her or her clothing.  I really don't have an opinion yet on her clothing.  I just don't spend a lot of time watching clothing presentations on any of the shoppng channels.   Clothing in general at both QVC & HSN is more expensive than I want to spend especially when you add in s/h and taxes even for sale items.  Plus, so much emphasis on loungy clothing turns me off.  I did buy one Susan Graver top recently that was on clearance and as far as I can tell it's a nice top.  Luckily, I sized down to an XS when I would normally wear a S or N in B&M clothing.  

A lot of designers claim their clothing hides imperfections.  Diane Gilman comes to mind.  But all the "problems" she seems to think all women of a certain age have are actually the opposite for me, so I don't even bother looking at her clothing.  

And I happen to like a lot of "loud prints".  To each his own.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Actually, to be inclusive, so to speak. would be including an actual petite pant which is more than just about inseam length but includes a shorter crotch rise.  Talls probably have the opposite problem which can result in "camel toe".  

I don't watch Susan Graver, not necessarily because I dislike her or her clothing.  I really don't have an opinion yet on her clothing.  I just don't spend a lot of time watching clothing presentations on any of the shoppng channels.   Clothing in general at both QVC & HSN is more expensive than I want to spend especially when you add in s/h and taxes even for sale items.  Plus, so much emphasis on loungy clothing turns me off.  I did buy one Susan Graver top recently that was on clearance and as far as I can tell it's a nice top.  Luckily, I sized down to an XS when I would normally wear a S or N in B&M clothing.  

A lot of designers claim their clothing hides imperfections.  Diane Gilman comes to mind.  But all the "problems" she seems to think all women of a certain age have are actually the opposite for me, so I don't even bother looking at her clothing.  

And I happen to like a lot of "loud prints".  To each his own.

@Icegoddess 

FYI; Susan's pants in petite are proportioned for petite everywhere, not just inseam. I know because I am only 5'1" and I always check garment measurements before I purchase.

Susan does know how to fit a pant. Her pants are comparable to Talbots Perites in quality and accurate petite measurements everywhere, which I have been buying for years. 

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

From what I understand it's up to the buying team what sizes and lengths (not the designer) to offer. This is what I was told by one of the designers. So, it's probably not fair to blame Susan for not having talls, it's the ordering team.