Honored Contributor

Re: A funny thing about Susan Graver...

She's one of my favorite vendors.  I have a closet full of liquid knit.  My favorite fabric.  I love the fact that it's easy care and doesn't wrinkle.  I don't find it clingy or hot.  And I love watching her.  She clearly knows her product and is very proud of what she sells. 

Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

designers will say anything to sell their clothes. and what they say always caters to womens vanities. 

My take is that they are playing on a woman's insecurities, particularly when describing "problem areas." I don't consider anyone's body to be a problem. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Have never watched her for more than a minute at a time.  Liquid knit is extremely unattractive as are her other poly, rayon and cheesy fabrics.

And her HIDEOUS, LOUD prints!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did anyone see her in the opening of her show with Jennifer last night, going crazy over free shipping.  Talk about over the top.  Seriously, what is saving $3.50 when her tops are all 50-60 dollars!

Also, I am so sick of her raving about liquid knit saying women are telling me on my facebook that their entire wardrobe is liquid knit.  Then a few minuttes later, she is saying women are asking me for more natural fibers so i am doing a new line.  Which is it?

And, now she stole Ryka saying, made by a woman for a woman.  I guess I watch her too much.  I do like her pants, I am petite and for some reason her pants fit me better than any other designer on qvc.  Ill give her that.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She also talks constantly about how liquid knit never grabs you but I find its very clingy and readily grabs.  Just so much sales talk.

I agree, I find her liquid knit very clingy and unattractive on me anyway.

Respected Contributor

@THETOT wrote:

I cannot watch that woman, she raises my anxiety level to the max.  She never stops yammering and she needs to stop yelling.

Last night took the cake.  She was jumping up and down and screaming free shipping like it really makes a big difference.  I had to change the channel.

Honored Contributor

yesterday she was on with the Host... and would never shut her mouth when the host was giving sizing or such... just kept talkiing non stop. It was SO IRRITATING.  I think is is some sort of mental issue when people can not just be quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of Susan's clothes.  I agree with the other poster that LK does not keep you warm in the winter and can be very hot in the summer months.

That said though, I really like her LK dresses and have many of them.  I order them in two different sizes, depending on the cut of the dress.

However, I stopped buying her LK tops.  I am fuller chested, and to get that part to fit right, the torso looks like a maternity top on me.

I do love that LK goes in the washer and dryer.  Some fabrics sold by QVC that state tumble dry low have shrunk on me to the point they can no longer be worn by me.  How do they not know this?  If it needs to be line dried or dried flat to avoid shrinking, then state so!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@FishandSnail I don't dislike Susan. She's very passionate about what she does and it's been rewarding for her. And, she does have some problem areas like the rest of us. It's good she shares. None of us are perfect. 

She's heavier in the thighs and hips, as she's mentioned, but still has a nice figure. If you notice, though, she does dress to conceal those areas best she can. She mostly wears darker pants. 

The only thing that drives me nuts is her incessant jabbering. I simply can't listen to two people talking at the same time, trying to drown each other out, particularly when a lot of the chatter is not pertinent info. I remote out. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch    you said:

The only thing that drives me nuts is her incessant jabbering. I simply can't listen to two people talking at the same time, trying to drown each other out, particularly when a lot of the chatter is not pertinent info. I remote out.

See the source image