Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

Get rid of the stupid button. Let posters stand by what they say.  Everything doesn't even deserve a reaction.

Won't work.  What about spammers and truly inappropriate language for a shopping channel?  

hey....................people were asking about you the other day, wondering where you had ran off to.............................................raven

Weird since I was posting here yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

Hey tansy.  I was wondering where you were.  Good to see you.

I do more hearting than posting anymore it seems.  It's been hard to miss your posting lately -- lol.

?  I post a lot less than many people.  

Ah, come on, mellie.  You had a long period of no posts and now have several threads going on Beauty and here.  

Respected Contributor

Can I have an ADHD moment?  Did you all know there's a thing called the QVC Beauty IQ channel where they just replay segments from beauty shows and only beauty shows?  Fascinating.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Many posts on here lead to controversy and they have nothing to do with religion or politics.

I agree with the OP, numerous people hit report when facts come out.

It's well known, though, that for just about any topic one could think of, "facts" can be found online to back a POV AND its opposite. So one person's "fact" is another person's balderdash, and then the posting starts into "my source is accurate/good/correct and yours isn't" territory. To claim that one has "the" correct facts and everyone else is just WRONG is the absolute fastest way to throw a discussion into the insult toidy, IMO.

As has been said, no one here is going to change anyone else's mind if they have a strong opinion, so to verbally browbeat the "other side" for being "wrong" is both futile and guaranteed to start name-calling, insults and mud-flinging, thereby increasing the likelihood of the thread being zapped.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Why do you think

[ Edited ]

I can only say that I have noticed that too, @Maudelynn!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Many posts on here lead to controversy and they have nothing to do with religion or politics.

It's well known, though, that for just about any topic one could think of, "facts" can be found online to back a POV AND its opposite. So one person's "fact" is another person's balderdash, and then the posting starts into "my source is accurate/good/correct and yours isn't" territory. To claim that one has "the" correct facts and everyone else is just WRONG is the absolute fastest way to throw a discussion into the insult toidy, IMO.

As has been said, no one here is going to change anyone else's mind if they have a strong opinion, so to verbally browbeat the "other side" for being "wrong" is both futile and guaranteed to start name-calling, insults and mud-flinging, thereby increasing the likelihood of the thread being zapped.

@Moonchilde

I disagree with your faulty premise.

A fact should be something that can be proven.  It is not opinion. But if someone doesn't understand the difference, there's no use taking it any further.

The issue from which this discussion is believed to have stemmed was very clear about the facts involved.  It became a problem when a few other facts which were not disputed were brought out, which makes your point moot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde

I disagree with your faulty premise.

A fact should be something that can be proven.  It is not opinion. But if someone doesn't understand the difference, there's no use taking it any further.

The issue from which this discussion is believed to have stemmed was very clear about the facts involved.  It became a problem when a few other facts which were not disputed were brought out, which makes your point moot.

LOL. The majority of responding posts in this thread, the OP notwithstanding, have been about threads and behaviors on these forums *in general.*  Actually very few of them referred to the specific deleted thread. Your own post, that I responded to, was clearly a generalization not tied to the OP.

As to the rest of your post, you illustrate my point excellently. "My facts are facts, yours aren't", etc. Not to turn this into a political discussion (heaven forbid), but this entire past YEAR has been full of "facts" on and from opposing candidates. I'm positive that each proponent can cite online sources for their facts, and that they believe completely in the veracity of those facts. Very few facts discussed on these forums are of the 2+2=4 variety.

So what does one accomplish by insisting others are wrong to the point of personal insult, demeaning and ridiculing? (The point of my post.) They may (or may not) be "right", but they haven't changed anyone's mind and they've gotten a reputation as being unnecessarily unpleasant just to "prove a point."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

So you started a thread just to complain about the moderators deciding that posts were off topic. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Got to love it, now a thread about fighting on a different thread.  Sort of an obscure point no?