Respected Contributor

Re: Looking to replace Purity...Help!

I've been a die-hard Purity user for years but lately my face feels stripped after using it. But I continued to use it because it took EVERYTHING off. I tried a couple of Isomers cleansers and they all left so much makeup on my face. For the last few nights I've used Paula's Choice Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser. I wouldn't say it foams, but it did take off my full face of makeup and left my skin soft. I've been trying several PC samples over the last couple of weeks (serums, moisturizers, BHA) and I'm quite pleased. I haven't noticed much difference in the color or improvement in spots, but my pores are notably smaller and my skin is soooo smooth! Thanks to all of you who have recommended PC!
Occasional Contributor

Had to stop Purity years ago - stripped my skin and left it irritated and raw and burned my eyes. I threw away everything I had. I am currently using a Clinique foaming cleanser. I do use it with the Clairsonic (?sp). It feels luxurious and is very gentle yet very effective. Any of the Clinique cleansers have never disappointed.

I am a former nurse that worked with ophthalmologists. When people came in with eyelid or eyelash problems due to tiny blocked glands around the eyes, or very dry eyes that had flakey lashes, etc., we always recommended Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo for washing the eyelids carefully. I don't know of any reason that you couldn't use it on the face as well.

Valued Contributor

Algenist Purifying and Replenishing reminds me of Purity so much. To date, it is the best cleanser I have found for my skin. It needs more air time so others can find out about it.
Valued Contributor

I still have quite a stash of cleansers, but if I ever run out, I will be looking at the Cerave', as I have heard nothing but great reviews on this skin care line.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 just bee said:
On 1/21/2015 Crisso said:

Paula's Choice. She has a variety of cleansers and toners. I have normal to dry skin, and mostly use the Resist line, but I change it up from time to time and use Moisture Boost. She has a pure line and one for oily skin as well. Some super sizes too. She always has deals, if not on products then on shipping. Shipping is free if you spend $50. +

Congrats for giving up Purity.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/cleansers/

I'd been using Moisture Boost, then switched to Skin Recovery. This one's a keeper.

I had tried Purity also then switched to Paula's Choice Moisture Boost and am still using it. A great cleanser.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2015 donovan said:

I find CeraVe cleanser for dry skin to be wonderful - and cheap.

Couldn't agree more. Derm suggested and I haven't ever regretted the change from purity.
Frequent Contributor

With tatcha you apply to dry skin, massage gently to remove make-up and rinse. Can't tell you how much I love this cleanser!

Honored Contributor

Does anybody remember My Sin by Lanvin...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥