Contributor

Sad truth about Olive Oil Scrub

Contains plastic microbeads that absorb toxins and pollute our waterways. (Water treatment plants can't remove them.) They are small enough for fish and small water life to eat, then we ingest them as well. I believe they are outlawed in CA. Wish Philosophy would reformulate this product, cuz I used to love it till I heard this! Offending ingredient is polyethylene.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sad truth about Olive Oil Scrub

These unnecessary pollutants should be outlawed. I agree about this!

Honored Contributor

I did not buy Crest 3D toothpaste this week due to the polyethlyene beads in there, they get stuck in the gums. I did find one formula sans the beads, it was called Foaming.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize this... thank you for letting us know. I use a natural apricot scrub and try to not using unnecessary pollutants.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

My olive oil scrubs contain both diatomaceous earth and sea salt........... as well as this polyethylene.

The diatomaceous earth and sea salt are the main driver exfoliating properties in this product as compared to the polyethylene.

Just saying...........look it up please.

Pink

Honored Contributor

Isomers is now committed to removing the beads from their line too.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/5/2015 pinksilhouette said:

My olive oil scrubs contain both diatomaceous earth and sea salt........... as well as this polyethylene.

The diatomaceous earth and sea salt are the main driver exfoliating properties in this product as compared to the polyethylene.

Just saying...........look it up please.

Pink

Watched a few presentations and they do say it has natural sea salt as an ingredient. I think I read once on here that the ground up apricot scrubs were bad ?
Not applicable

I was just going to post the same thing ..thank you for doing so..its true..products with plastics..Big business needs your money so they can continue with there greed with no conscious of killing our land and all thing living here..QVC.. at every minute, has an opportunity to make decision about its involvement to the world and its future..and we also make that decision to buy products and kill ourselfs and environment. its like crapping where you live.. peee U!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for posting this. I have been tempted since last night about this TSV but you just helped me decide NOT to get it for a good reason.
Honored Contributor

You can make your own. Smile

Sugar Olive Oil Scrub

You Need:

Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Two tablespoons organic honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is fine, too)

One half cup organic sugar (does not have to be organic, regular sugar is fine too, but no Splenda)

Measuring utensils

One chopstick or stirring stick

One clean container