Contributor

Looking to replace Purity...Help!

I am looking for a new all in one cleanser that I can use on eye makeup. Purity just makes my skin so dry but I like using on my eyes. Anyone have recommendations, please...

Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to replace Purity...Help!

I gave up Purity some time ago and couldn't be happier! There are so many better choices out there. Ponds, Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, Cetaphil. I just picked up the Lacura cleanser from Aldi's.Another winner!
Regular Contributor

Hello there. I used to use Purity until I found out that it contained parabens. I've gone through a few cleansers since then but have been using Pur Minerals for the last year. I quite like it. They have different formulations depending on your skin needs. You can find the line at Ulta or online. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I used to use Purity. I've been using Cetaphil "Gentle Skin Cleanser" for several years and like it very much. I have not found a cleanser that removes all mascara, though. For mascara removal I use a cream mascara remover.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

On 1/20/2015 RawkinFoodie said:

Hello there. I used to use Purity until I found out that it contained parabens. I've gone through a few cleansers since then but have been using Pur Minerals for the last year. I quite like it. They have different formulations depending on your skin needs. You can find the line at Ulta or online. Good luck! Smiley Happy

I am not a fan of Purity cleanser. There are a few oils and extracts that are not well thought out for addition in a cleanser. But, I'd like to know, what is your specific concern about the parabens? Do you know the role they play in this cleanser formula? Or the percentage? Considering where they are listed I'd bet they are about .3%. Without them this cleanser would grow all sorts of little nasties. Parabens, at least when added as they are here, get a very bad rap. I'd be more concerned about the sandalwood oil. It is much more likely to cause irritation.
Contributor

Nothing replaces purity for removing makeup. I just ordered the C serious ski care set from HSN but haven't received it yet. I still could never give up my purity though.
Super Contributor

Paula's Choice. She has a variety of cleansers and toners. I have normal to dry skin, and mostly use the Resist line, but I change it up from time to time and use Moisture Boost. She has a pure line and one for oily skin as well. Some super sizes too. She always has deals, if not on products then on shipping. Shipping is free if you spend $50. +

Congrats for giving up Purity.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that there are many fine cleansers on the market and many of them will work well for a lot of people -- including Purity. I always find myself returning to Purity when I go through a phase where I want the next best thing to come along. If you are unhappy with the original creamy Purity, there is Oil Purity. It is an exceptional at removing eye makeup. Because it's a total oil cleanser perhaps the dryness you experience from the original won't happen. I love it.

I find that a lot of the cleansers which claim to be able to remove eye makeup (including original Purity), are not sufficient alone for washing off some of today's mascaras and water-resistant eyeliners. You may want to invest in a true eye makeup remover for this task.

As for other cleansers: I like many, but Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser or their One Step Gentle Cleanser come to mind for one with dry skin. Among higher end cleansers: Ole Henriksen's African Red Tea cleanser and Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Foaming Cleanser are very good.

Honored Contributor

My dermatologist recommended most of the Neutrogena and Cetphil products. I also love the gentle milk bar from L'Occitane for face and body.

Respected Contributor

I use CeraVe or Principal Secret with great results.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield