Respected Contributor

Re: Looking to replace Purity...Help!

I used to use Purity...and liked it a lot. But I wanted to find something less pricey, so I tried Cetaphil. I have an oily T-zone, so I got the "normal-to-oily" formula. It works every bit as well as Purity for me, doesn't strip my skin, removes my mascara, and is way less expensive. I've been using it for probably 3 years. Mind you, I don't mind paying more when I have to, but if I can find something that works as well for less, I go for it!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it is worth the extra step to have one product for eye makeup and one for your face. Neutrogena facial wipes are actually for both. I use Neutrogena Pore Refining facial wash which NEVER dries my skin and then I use a wipe or some other product for my eyes even soap and water will remove eye makeup if it's not waterproof. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Crisso said:

Paula's Choice. She has a variety of cleansers and toners. I have normal to dry skin, and mostly use the Resist line, but I change it up from time to time and use Moisture Boost. She has a pure line and one for oily skin as well. Some super sizes too. She always has deals, if not on products then on shipping. Shipping is free if you spend $50. +

Congrats for giving up Purity.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/cleansers/

I'd been using Moisture Boost, then switched to Skin Recovery. This one's a keeper.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 1/20/2015 RawkinFoodie said:

Hello there. I used to use Purity until I found out that it contained parabens. I've gone through a few cleansers since then but have been using Pur Minerals for the last year. I quite like it. They have different formulations depending on your skin needs. You can find the line at Ulta or online. Good luck! Smiley Happy

I am not a fan of Purity cleanser. There are a few oils and extracts that are not well thought out for addition in a cleanser. But, I'd like to know, what is your specific concern about the parabens? Do you know the role they play in this cleanser formula? Or the percentage? Considering where they are listed I'd bet they are about .3%. Without them this cleanser would grow all sorts of little nasties. Parabens, at least when added as they are here, get a very bad rap. I'd be more concerned about the sandalwood oil. It is much more likely to cause irritation.

Agree about parabens, BC.

I've just started using OneLoveOrganics cleansing oil, on the recommendation of HappyDaze. I think she mentioned that you have used it as well.

Now, I've only used it once, so I won't give a review, other than to say that it did an excellent job cleansing and removing makeup (including waterproof eyeliner). I always follow with a toner (Paula's Choice Hydralight) and usually see a little bit of residue on the cotton pad. Not this time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

The new Dove cleaners and Lacura both do a fantastic job removing eye makeup. Went to Lacura to save my hard earned moolah! $2 and some change. Love it!
Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Hello there. I used to use Purity until I found out that it contained parabens. I've gone through a few cleansers since then but have been using Pur Minerals for the last year. I quite like it. They have different formulations depending on your skin needs. You can find the line at Ulta or online. Good luck! Smiley Happy

I am not a fan of Purity cleanser. There are a few oils and extracts that are not well thought out for addition in a cleanser. But, I'd like to know, what is your specific concern about the parabens? Do you know the role they play in this cleanser formula? Or the percentage? Considering where they are listed I'd bet they are about .3%. Without them this cleanser would grow all sorts of little nasties. Parabens, at least when added as they are here, get a very bad rap. I'd be more concerned about the sandalwood oil. It is much more likely to cause irritation.

I've just started using OneLoveOrganics cleansing oil, on the recommendation of HappyDaze. I think she mentioned that you have used it as well.

Now, I've only used it once, so I won't give a review, other than to say that it did an excellent job cleansing and removing makeup (including waterproof eyeliner). I always follow with a toner (Paula's Choice Hydralight) and usually see a little bit of residue on the cotton pad. Not this time.

Yes, and I'm gonna get HD for it, too! There I was, happily ignorant of it and content with Boscia, and along comes HD extolling its attributes. I'm completely hooked. Love the stuff but it is pricier than Boscia, hence my overblown threat. I need to look at the contents closely and see how hard it would be to dupe. I made a really nice cleansing water the other night. It did not require a stand mixer.

Super Contributor

I find CeraVe cleanser for dry skin to be wonderful - and cheap.

Super Contributor

The SSC Glycolic and A Cleansers are good at removing makeup. Also Clinique liquid facial cleanser was always really good at removing eye makeup with no irritation, I haven't used it in years but used to love it before I was lured into buying other brands. A good cheap one that works great at removing eye makeup with no irritation too is Dove Bar Soap.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 1/21/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Yes, and I'm gonna get HD for it, too! There I was, happily ignorant of it and content with Boscia, and along comes HD extolling its attributes. I'm completely hooked. Love the stuff but it is pricier than Boscia, hence my overblown threat. I need to look at the contents closely and see how hard it would be to dupe. I made a really nice cleansing water the other night. It did not require a stand mixer.

You probably already know this, BC, but just in case: pharmaca.com sells it, and they seem always to have a 20 percent off promo advertised on their site and even better promos sometimes via e-mail if you're on their list. In fact, a couple weeks ago they had a 30 percent deal going. Excellent CS, too.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Johnson's baby head to toe wash is the best as far as I'm concerned. A big pump bottle is less than $6 and does a great job!