Occasional Contributor

Re: Alegria shoes TSV Tuesday March 12

I heard one of the presentations said to.go up

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I was interested in trying a pair of Alegrias, but I don't care for this style on the foot-  Enjoy! 

@Skyegirl21 Check out alegriashoeshop.com

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624 ! I will check it out! 🌞👍🏼

Occasional Contributor

I don't care for the butterfly either. I'm a recently retired nurse and I had a pair of Algeria shoes. I found them to be comfortable BUT I did color in the butterfly with a Sharpie marker.

Contributor

I don't post often here, but today I thought I would.  I have been buying Alegria slide sandals for over 20 years.  I live in deep South Texas and wear sandals most of the year.  I have over 50 pairs, treating myself to a few pairs each year.  

I believe in wearing orthopedic footwear.  My mother and grandmother both suffered from osteoarthritis in their knees beginning in their late 50's.  As they got older, their legs became more deformed, to the point it looked as if they were riding invisible horses.  I believe, had they worn some sort of footwear with orthopedic support, they would have been much better off.    My grandmother had one of her knees replaced in the late 1970's and it was so painful she never had the other knee replaced.

I'm certainly no doctor, but I believe that by wearing orthopedic sandals I lessened my chances of going through what they did.  I am 73 and my knees are fine.

I tried Birkenstocks years ago, but they weren't for me.  To each his own, I guess.  I have a few pairs of Vionics, but prefer Alegria.  I ordered the TSV today to add to my collection.

Esteemed Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Question please, Alegria lovers... If I'm a size 6.5 to 7, and their sizing runs 6-6.5 (36) or 7-7.5, (37)  what would you recommend in their sizing scheme?? Thanks! 

@Skyegirl21 

Try the EUR 37 first. Alegria sizing is a bit off most European sizes. I've found a Size 39 always works for my 8.5 foot in any footwear with EU sizing. Good luck!

Some of their sandals and other styles are really cute this time. I've purchased two pair . . . and usually wear Birkenstocks! LOL                 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat 

Like you, I would prefer more solid colors in Alegria footwear. So, I wrote to the company requesting more styles in the navy and tan they showed in one item which sold out before I had a chance to purchase either color! Such a disappointment. I asked for those colors in any and all styles! Smiley Wink

ETA: Just purchased a couple more Alegria's today. My Birkenstock's will rebell!!! LOL

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother   I have the same problem. My feet are very narrow, so I don't think these would ever work for me. I sure wish everyone would make narrow and extra narrow shoes.....where did all the talk about size inclusivity go???

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@fairydogmother   I have the same problem. My feet are very narrow, so I don't think these would ever work for me. I sure wish everyone would make narrow and extra narrow shoes.....where did all the talk about size inclusivity go???

yes! Also I have very little padding or tissue volume in my feet. So a lot of sandals, flip flops and slides, sit too high over the top of my foot. My feet just slide around. No good. 
I have good luck with Ros Hommerson getting my width but they are EXPENSIVE 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

I ordered the black my first pair from this line. I'm a size 9 in sandals and 9 1/2 in boots. I ordered 39 hope they're a good fit.
I do have one knee that is bad I wear a brace when I go on walks.