Super Contributor

Alegria shoes TSV Tuesday March 12

[ Edited ]

I’m not very familiar with this brand.
Anyone who has purchased in the past, did you like them? are they true to size?

Super Contributor

Re: Algeria shoes TSV Tuesday March 12

[ Edited ]

Purchased a pair of Alegria slip on shoes (clog stylish) from Q a few years ago on clearance and still have them.

They are dark blue and have a bit of a shimmer to them. So easy to wear with dress pants without being in heels as they look dressy enough. Not flats, but have a nice thick sole and supportive enough for me.

I remember them feeling a bit tight when received and thought I made a mistake. But, that issue disappeared quickly after wearing them out for the evening. I only wear during late fall/winter/early spring as great in rain, slush, etc.

I was thrilled to get them on clearance as they are pricey and they still look brand new. Gather their claim to fame is they started making for nurses (earth angels) on their feet so much. 

@nelc wrote:
I’m not very familiar with this brand.
Anyone who has purchased in the past, did you like them? are they true to size?

Respected Contributor

There is a typo in the thread title. You might want to fix it so everyone knows you're asking about Alegria. 

Respected Contributor

I have sandals, clogs and slip on shoes. The slip ons are very comfortable but the other styles are not as good as my Birkenstocks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find Alegria shoes very comfortable with a mild arch support.  The enclosed shoes run a bit wide for me so I quit buying them.  When I buy their sandals,  I always go down one size from my usual for a perfect fit.  If I go by their chart, I always regret it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of sandals and a pair of enclosed clogs.  I like them though I don't wear them alot as I have a ridiculous amount of shoes.  That being said, for me they are comfortable and are true to size.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have three pair of Algeria slip-on shoes which are comfortable and still look nice after several years of wearing, but they are not nearly as comfy as my Birkenstocks! 
Even expensive Finn's don't come close to Birkenstock's, but I have several pair and love their soft leather lining and great craftsmanship of the entire shoe. 
I'll probably watch the Algeria TSV to see what style it is and the price. Don't buy much from QVC any longer, but when I see something worth buying I do! Never know, Algeria might be the day. Smiley Very Happy 

ETA: When wearing Algeria, I always buy a Size 39 for my 8 1/2 feet. The fit is perfect. 

IIRC Algeria's sizing may be off a bit. Think their chart indicated a Size 38 would be perfect for an 8 1/2, which I did try the first time - it was not a good fit at all. Back they went and were exchanged for the European Size 39 (for an 8 1/2) and I have been happy with Algeria footwear ever since. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Contributor

I'll be watching.  Alegria's are so comfortable and QVC rarely has TSVs on them anymore.  Some look clunky but some are very, very cute and comfy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria shoes TSV Tuesday March 12

@nelc - I love Alegria, and I have sandals, dress shoes, and sneakers. I have always found them true to size. My foot is average, not narrow and not wide.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Alegria shoes TSV Tuesday March 12

Question please, Alegria lovers... If I'm a size 6.5 to 7, and their sizing runs 6-6.5 (36) or 7-7.5, (37)  what would you recommend in their sizing scheme?? Thanks!