Valued Contributor

Re: Alegria shoes TSV Tuesday March 12

@DJK1003 wrote:

I don't post often here, but today I thought I would.  I have been buying Alegria slide sandals for over 20 years.  I live in deep South Texas and wear sandals most of the year.  I have over 50 pairs, treating myself to a few pairs each year.  

I believe in wearing orthopedic footwear.  My mother and grandmother both suffered from osteoarthritis in their knees beginning in their late 50's.  As they got older, their legs became more deformed, to the point it looked as if they were riding invisible horses.  I believe, had they worn some sort of footwear with orthopedic support, they would have been much better off.    My grandmother had one of her knees replaced in the late 1970's and it was so painful she never had the other knee replaced.

I'm certainly no doctor, but I believe that by wearing orthopedic sandals I lessened my chances of going through what they did.  I am 73 and my knees are fine.

I tried Birkenstocks years ago, but they weren't for me.  To each his own, I guess.  I have a few pairs of Vionics, but prefer Alegria.  I ordered the TSV today to add to my collection.

I'm with you on this DJK. Both my mom and grandma had knee and foot problems, probably from a lifetime of wearing heels. I'm determined not to follow them in this regard. I've always been the sensible shoes girl. But the last 10 years have nevertheless been hard on my feet. Thank you for the recommendation of Alegria shoes! I'll give them a try. 

Trusted Contributor

I liked this style and ordered the Loretta. By the time I ordered it the regular width was sold out so I got the wide width. Their shoes tend to look wide but on me at least I often feel the outside edges, so am hoping the wide width isn't too wide. Generally I wear a medium width shoe in all lines and my feet are more on the wider side of medium. Fingers crossed that these work. I wear a 10 and ordered the 40w which is my usual European size and also what I wear in Alegria.

Super Contributor

Has anyone receive their shoes yet?
I was supposed to receive them tomorrow and now the delivery date changed to Wednesday March 20☹️
Wanted to hear reviews. TIA
Honored Contributor

@nelc wrote:
Has anyone receive their shoes yet?
I was supposed to receive them tomorrow and now the delivery date changed to Wednesday March 20☹️
Wanted to hear reviews. TIA

@nelc , I received the brown choice today.  I have never tried Alegria before. These fit me perfectly in my normal shoe size. I like them. 

Valued Contributor

YES! I got my black pair yesterday, shipped quick. They are a great fit and not as shiny as I thought which is good. I'm happy I gave them a try.
Super Contributor

Glad to hear @Tissyanne and Grand Happy.
I also ordered the black, first Alegria order. Can’t wait.
Trusted Contributor

My 40W Loretta's came today. Boy am I glad I ordered the wide width. They're perfect! I got lucky.

how are you all liking yours? Hope you're happy!

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

My 40W Loretta's came today. Boy am I glad I ordered the wide width. They're perfect! I got lucky.

how are you all liking yours? Hope you're happy!

@Thats Me , I bought the same ones you did. They are nice shoes, and fit me perfectly.  I also got the wide width. 

Enjoy your shoes!