Trusted Contributor

Nothing since Regis left. I loved his show, especially way back when it wasn't so corporate and they would just have a lot of random guests like Don Rickles for no reason.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which Talk Show?

[ Edited ]

I occasionally watch The View or The Talk. 

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed The Chew when it was on especially after Mario was kicked off. I thought the remaining hosts were really good together. The replacement they keep renaming....I've tried watching it a few times since it falls during my lunch, but I can't warm up to it. Most often, their guests are people I've never heard of and the hosts just come off as fake trying too hard. I know they added the Keke person to try bring in younger audience so I probably not the key audience they are looking to get.

I do enjoy seeing The Talk but I will miss Sara Gilbert. I don't see the allure of Marie Osmond. Maybe she'll grow on me since it's still early in new season.

I've taped Kelly Clarkson's new show...so far she's just too hyper for me and seems to be shouting. Maybe she'll calm down but for now, I don't see it lasting. She opens each show singing a cover of another artist's songs. She really shines when she's singing...so I'll say maybe she should stick to singing.  

Honored Contributor

Hubby and I enjoy watching Ellen in the afternoon.  That is pretty much it right now

Respected Contributor

I thought I was going to like Tamron Hall but I don't it's like she is trying to hard.

I like Strahan Sara but haven't seen Keke yet.

I haven't seen the other one  mentioned.

I still like to watch the view and Jenna Bush Hager on the today show.

Honored Contributor

I do not watch any of those shows.  

However, when younger I was a fan of the Steve Allen show which in my opinion was hilarious.  My sister and I still talk about how much that show made us laugh.

I also was a fan of Jon Stewart's show and miss him a lot.  Along with Jon I loved Colbert's old show on Comedy Central.  Now I watch Colbert every night which always makes me laugh and that is a good thing.  I also enjoy Bill Maher on HBO, great show.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I do not watch any of those shows.  

However, when younger I was a fan of the Steve Allen show which in my opinion was hilarious.  My sister and I still talk about how much that show made us laugh.

I also was a fan of Jon Stewart's show and miss him a lot.  Along with Jon I loved Colbert's old show on Comedy Central.  Now I watch Colbert every night which always makes me laugh and that is a good thing.  I also enjoy Bill Maher on HBO, great show.

I, too, miss Jon Stewart.  He is brilliantly hilarious.   Did you know that he is an EP on Stephen Colbert's Late Show?   I didn't realize it until I saw it in the credits one day.   Every now and then he is on the show.

I would love to see Bill Maher's stand-up.  I think he was actually here once but I wouldn't have anybody go to with, as I am pretty sure my husband wouldn't love it.   Agree - great show!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

KELLY RIPKA AND RYAN. I LOVE KELLY...........................

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Talk Show?

[ Edited ]

I like reruns of D i c k Cavett's and David Susskind's talk shows!  Bring back that kind of intelligent,witty talk.   Seriously, there are very few current ones I'd spend time on.

On Fox, I like "Outnumbered" when I can catch it.  Love elegant, cerebral Harris Faulkner.  She and Melissa Francis are outstanding at hosting duties, and quick on their feet.

Is Greg Gutfeld's show still called "Red Eye"?  It might have a different name now.   I catch his show sometimes on the weekend-- Greg has one of the fastest minds, and a sardonic view of the world that is hysterical.  And I love his frequent (permanent?) panelist and sidekick, Tyrus,  he of the dry, dry humor and unfettered outlook....

Edited to space out D i c k Cavett's first name so the computer wouldn't censor it as if it were a rude word, sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow it looks like I'm in the minority here. I love all of them I dvr The View, Wendy, The Talk, Dr. Phil you name it. I just fast forward the parts I'm not interested in. I watch them in the evening, or the weekend if I can't find anything else on.