Respected Contributor

SHARK TANK KEVIN O'LEARY'S WIFE NOT TO BLAME IN BOATING CRASH?

[ Edited ]

She's not to blame??  2 people died!  Just because you're a cautious boater doesn't mean you can't be responsible!

https://people.com/crime/shark-tank-star-wife-accused-fatal-crash-cautious-boater-not-to-blame-lawye...

Honored Contributor

Re: SHARK TANK KEVIN O'LEARY'S WIFE NOT TO BLAME IN BOATING CRASH?

It was an accident.  That simple.  If she was following all the boating rules and not driving recklessly, then it's not her fault.,

Trusted Contributor

I have been on a lake at night, it's impossible to see other boats if they do not have their lights on. I don't believe she is at fault. It was an accident and unfortunately fatal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you read the article you posted on your own thread?  It said it was pitch-black night, the other boat had no lights on, Mrs. O. tested negative for alcohol .

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SWEET  - I'm sure the facts will come out.  There seems to be little dispute that the other boat had no navigational lights on, out on the water on a moonless night.  And they say the other boat sped off after the accident?  I have to wonder why.  It doesn't seem rational behavior.

But, as I said, I'm sure all the facts will come out during the legal investigation.  Until then, it's unfair to point the finger of blame at anyone.  Think of how you'd feel, if you were the one involved and people rushed to judgement.

Just because the O'Leary's are rich (and I suspect that will influence some people) doesn't mean they deserve any less consideration.

Trusted Contributor

She was charged though. It was her lawyer who is saying she is not to blame.

Honored Contributor

According to the article if it's accurate, it seems to me that the other party was responsible.  They didn't have any lights on.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

She was charged though. It was her lawyer who is saying she is not to blame.

@itsmetoo   The other party was charged, too.  It doesn't sound to me like it was her fault.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

She's not to blame??  2 people died!  Just because you're a cautious boater doesn't mean you can't be responsible!

https://people.com/crime/shark-tank-star-wife-accused-fatal-crash-cautious-boater-not-to-blame-lawye...

And just because 2 people died doesn't automatically make it her fault.

This case still has to go to the courts, so lets wait and see what the facts really are.

Honored Contributor

@SWEETDid you read the article prior to posting?  confused.gif

"Linda O’Leary was charged with “careless operation of a vessel” under the small vessel regulations of the Canada Shipping Act."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif