Frequent Contributor

Re: HOSTS OVER THE TOP PRESENTATIONS

Jennifer coffee must go .  I do not watch any show she hosts. Too loud and. Drives you insane.

Super Contributor

I usually watch with sound off, just captioning on. If I see something I like, I may turn up sound for a moment .Usually I just go to the website to check things and read reviews.

Valued Contributor

Years ago I would watch to see if there were any products I was interested in. If something caught my eye, I would then sit and pay attention to what was being said so I could understand the use of the product. If it sounded like something I could use, I would call in and order. But, the information isn't there any more. Now it's this is the newest, greatest, most advanced, most whatever but no instructions on it's use. It's also you don't want that, you want this. No, I don't want or need 2T of hard drive, I want what I need, not what you are telling me I want. And shoving the product down my throat sends me off to another retailer. Bigger is not always better, just more expensive and more to have to take care of. You lost me a long time ago. Your shows aren't fun, or informative. They are just "buy this now". I check in on my computer that I bought from Dell since you wouldn't sell me what I wanted. You have turned into a 24 hour hard sell commercial. Good Luck. You now have 5 channels when you include HSN, and I don't watch any of them. Change isn't always a good thing. Growing is one thing, but there has to be improvement. 

Occasional Contributor

carolyn gracie is all about my mom has this my dad has this just show the products no host

Occasional Contributor

aaaaaaaaashawn killigner to much into herself outs on makeup lookat herself in mirror cant watch this fake person

QVC Customer Care

Contributor

I agree.  Mondsy night fashion was alway something to look forward to watching while having a cup of tea amd relaxing.  However, it's lost its appeal since the hosts have become so over the top and loud.  Its no longer fun to watch so I do my shopping on the QVC website.  It's really a shame.  I also don't think hosts should try on every outfit as it takes away from the presentation of the items.  When watching Monday night fashion becomes stressful it's time to turn the channel.  I've really cut my shopping on the Q because of the frantic hosts.  However, I don't think management pays much attention to our posts. 

Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor

glad Im not the only one complaining  about Kerstin Jen and Shawn.

Shawn's earrings very distracting when trying to watch product being persented.  Kerstin and Jen  all competing with each other  it seems to me.

Shawn the other night  said she was leaving for vacationon Monday and she was already 80%  there and 20 %   on the Q Friday night WT hell .If I were her boss I would have told her to leave.   these hosts have us all truning and changing the channel .they are just sooooannoying to  watch.    my opin!

Regular Contributor

I really hope that the Q's powers-that-be are paying attention to the sincere comments and observations that are being posted in this thread.  Count me in as a customer who watches for information on the product, not to watch a host's self-absorption.

I'm tired of the "almost-sold-out" lies; I check online and can see that the sizes/colors/items haven't sold out. I am tired of the hard-sell of the TSVs at midnight because commonsense tells us that the Q will have brought in enough product to last the debut hour. 

I am also tired also of mangled English, mispronunciations and made-up words.  There are hosts who have noticeable difficulty  pronouncing certain words.  If I can hear it, then the people directing the show should hear it (and I'm not talking about regional accents) and take steps to remediate the mispronunciations.  Clarity in presentation is important; I'm not buying if I don't know what the the host is saying.

Another pet peeve: I am not a tween; I don't appreciate their slang being used to describe products as if that is supposed to impress me. I want specifics about a product, not the host's faux emotional response or attempt to be edgy. 

There seems to be a distinct lack in host oversight lately.  There are some hosts who are always professional in appearance and presentation, who always know the information about the products they are presenting. Then there are those hosts who display boredom with doing their job, or who disrespect the on-air product presenters by not thanking them at the end of their segment and merely walking off, or who seem to think that we tune in to watch them pose.  That doesn't reflect well on the Q - or make me want to buy the product being presented.