Contributor

Re: HOSTS OVER THE TOP PRESENTATIONS

@Kachina624 wrote:

Jennifer, now Jen, has changed more than any host I've ever seen.  She's older than the other newbies.  I wonder if she's over-compensates in order to seem young and exuberant.  I agree, I like the original Jennifer better.

Agreed. She used to be one of my favorites, now I change the channel when she comes on. Tries WAY TOO hard anymore. Dial it down girl.

Respected Contributor

@Mayfayre wrote:

I really hope that the Q's powers-that-be are paying attention to the sincere comments and observations that are being posted in this thread.  Count me in as a customer who watches for information on the product, not to watch a host's self-absorption.

I'm tired of the "almost-sold-out" lies; I check online and can see that the sizes/colors/items haven't sold out. I am tired of the hard-sell of the TSVs at midnight because commonsense tells us that the Q will have brought in enough product to last the debut hour. 

I am also tired also of mangled English, mispronunciations and made-up words.  There are hosts who have noticeable difficulty  pronouncing certain words.  If I can hear it, then the people directing the show should hear it (and I'm not talking about regional accents) and take steps to remediate the mispronunciations.  Clarity in presentation is important; I'm not buying if I don't know what the the host is saying.

Another pet peeve: I am not a tween; I don't appreciate their slang being used to describe products as if that is supposed to impress me. I want specifics about a product, not the host's faux emotional response or attempt to be edgy. 

There seems to be a distinct lack in host oversight lately.  There are some hosts who are always professional in appearance and presentation, who always know the information about the products they are presenting. Then there are those hosts who display boredom with doing their job, or who disrespect the on-air product presenters by not thanking them at the end of their segment and merely walking off, or who seem to think that we tune in to watch them pose.  That doesn't reflect well on the Q - or make me want to buy the product being presented. 

Amen!! Well-said; agree with everything you said!

I especially cannot take the made-up words, the "edgey" slang, the "trendy, hip" phrases...and please...there ARE some really, truly AMAZZZZING things in life...but the color of a LOGO tunic, a sandal, a ruffle on a sleeve...are not. That and the use of 'such and such is "everything!"...gets old too.

I just miss good grammar, professional, informational presentations of product. Period. Jill is the one who does this the best for me...so she's basically the one I watch.These are highly paid professionals...I shake my head when I hear them butcher the English language.

Oh well...must be workin' for the Q.  But I tune out too, and buy less...and yes...it's working for me too. I still like certain Q brands, and seek them online when needed. 

I sometimes wonder the thought process behind it all....a longshot but still...if Q had wanted to amp up online shopping and is less interested in the tv shopper...well then, I guess that strategy IS working for them too! 

Spoiler

Contributor

Yes ... I agree ... Jennifer has a sadness about her..like she’s trying too hard to cover it up.

too much faux tan...too thin ... too much fast chatter,not making sense.. 

lovely troubled gal.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree.  Jennifer is very annoying and I cannot watch her.  Why the need to try so hard?  If I want something bad enough I don't need to be talked into it.  Shawn gets carried away sometimes too.  One of my all time favorites is Jayne Brown but she is not on much anymore.  I can't get QVC2.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with this.  Sometimes depending upon the host I just have to turn off the TV.  I realize you need to have a healty ego to appear on national television, but some of the hosts absolutely let that healty ego go too far and present themselves in a disingenuine manner.  I don't want to call out any particular host in name, but there is one and you know who you are that comes off this way.  While everyone has their own style, it would benefit this sweet gal to please tone it down.  Please stop speaking in such a loud, obnoxious manner while using that exagerated syllable to every other word.  We are not hard of hearing and when you speak to people with that exagerated tone to every other word you speak, this comes across as though you think we are all stupid and not able to comprehend what you are saying.  So tired of having to turn off the TV when she comes on because I really like her shows and fashion sense, but she is just too much.

Occasional Contributor

My husband leaves the room when Susan Graver comes on!  He can't stand her constant talking, on, on, and on!

Honored Contributor

I think Jane Tracey is a legend in her mind.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I think it is do something healthful,not healthy. But I'm just sayin'

Honored Contributor

Antonella: those nails,that makeup,that hair,that laugh.

I realize her appeal is to a certain population segment,but the rest of us not so much.

Trusted Contributor

@Fitzallen wrote: 

@Fitzallen wrote:

I can't add anything New on the hosts..my opinion is in line with most of yours. But even more than the hosts, there are certain statements that make me grab my remote.

"Red carpet" "

"Love you"

Celebrity clients. "

"It looks good on every body."

" Love you. "

"How tall are you Kate...Jackie..."

" Love you. "

And tonight a vendor said "Compassion is glamour on the inside."

i almost threw up.

For me, it's the word "elevated". It's like nails on a chalkboard every time I hear it, & I can't think of a host or vendor that doesn't say it.