Frequent Contributor

Re: HOSTS OVER THE TOP PRESENTATIONS

I agree with all the comments. Some of these hosts need to take. A look at them selves and do some changes to come across. To us better.  Not so loud and sell the product and stop buying. On the show.

Occasional Contributor

Regarding can't watch vendors:   Women with control lady....she should just take up pole dancing, she really adores herself.   Always brags about being a fit model.

Josie Maran:  Dresses scantally(sp), can't take her and her product.

Honored Contributor

@Steph1313 wrote:

Regarding can't watch vendors:   Women with control lady....she should just take up pole dancing, she really adores herself.   Always brags about being a fit model.

Josie Maran:  Dresses scantally(sp), can't take her and her product.

@Steph1313  While I am certainly not Renee Greenstein's biggest fan (far from it), the part about being a fit model is unfair.  That does not mean she was so "fit" that she modeled her perfect body.  You can be a fit model if you are a size zero to a size 4X.  You are showing how the garment fits on your specific body type, so the designer gets it right.  All designers use fit models, it just happens that Renee was herself a fit model.   

Super Contributor

Some must be exhausted when they're done!  This so-called excitement by the hosts is just plain ridiculous!  Just slow down......

Valued Contributor

Rick Dohmeir has become almost unwatchable.  He talks so fast, his words run together, he also raises his voice.  If he would slow down, he would be delightful.  Dan Hughes is low key, explains everything, has a zoo at his farm (as do I) and he is just plain down-to-earth.  Everyday situations we all have at home and solutions for them.  His repor with vendors is so natural.  I also enjoy Marie Louise Ludwig as a vendor.  What a genuine person.

Respected Contributor

Agree with comment about Rick Dohmeier. His over top excitement and talking over hosts too much. Tune off before seeing anything anymore. Dan and Pat in their early morning show got me watching QVC. Their respectful and sincere mannerisms were enticing. Miss their regular programming.
Frequent Contributor

I think Dan is the worse. He actually talks over the vendors a great deal.

Valued Contributor

I have this figured out for myself....There are three hosts I do not watch...When I see they are on Inturn off QVC.I am tired of the screaming ,hard sell and personal talk when I am interested in an item.So I solved my own problem,not watching the over the top hosts!!!

Honored Contributor

I try not to watch because I may want to buy and I don't want to. That being said, all the hosts, even some of the new ones are really hard to watch. I don't know what's going on with Shawn, I used to love her shows. Such nonsense conversation and pushy sales talk.

Valued Contributor

I am not a regular watcher of HSN, but when I do watch, I am always impressed by how polished and professional the hosts are. Each one is always well dressed, and so articulate, professional, and easy-going. No prancing, yelling, or other antics! Since QVC now owns HSN.....I hope that the female hosts on QVC take a few lessons from the lovely women on HSN.  Anyone else agree with this?