Honored Contributor

Re: DECEMBER 2018 RECIPE GAME

I just saw this recipe in my local paper today and had to post for Coquille......for PEPPERMINT CANDIES!  I posted a recipe with piece of candy cane earlier but this would have really been good to post ....... 

PEPPERMINT Chocolate Chip No Churn Ice Cream

18 chocolate-PEPPERMINT CANDIES such as Peppermint Patties

2  3/4 cups heavy cream

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish

1/2 cup crushed PEPPERMINT CANDIES or candy canes

2 cups mini marshmallows

Put a 9x5x3" metal loaf pan in freezer to chill.  Put the chocolate-PEPPERMINT CANDIES  and 3/4 cup of heavy cream in medium saucepan over medium heat to cook, stirring frequently, until candies are melted, about 5 minutes.  Cool completely.

Meanwhile, whip the remaining 2 cups heavy cream in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium high until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.  Pour the condensed milk into into a medium bowl and fold in 1 cup of the whipped cream with rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture back into the whipped cream until well blended. Gently fold in marshmallows and 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.

Remove 2 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce and set aside. Pour a third of the ice cream mixture into the chilled pan, then top with half of the remaining chocolate sauce.  Repeat with 1/3 more of the ice cream mixture,then the remaining chocolate sauce.  Cover with the remaining ice cream mixture.  Drizzle top with the reserved chocolate sauce and sprinkle with crushed PEPPERMINT CANDIES and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.  Loosely cover with plastic wrap and freeze about 3 hours or overnight.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... MOLASSES

Honored Contributor

OVEN-BARBECUED CHICKEN

1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup light or dark MOLASSSES

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons vinegar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons dry mustard

1/4 teaspoon chili powder

dash pepper

1 cut-up chicken or breast/thigh pieces

(I double the sauce ingredients for extra sauce.)

Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil for easier clean-up.  Preheat oven to 350. 

In a saucepan combine all ingredients except chicken; simmer 15-20 minutes.  Place chicken pieces in baking dish; brush with the barbecue mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Baste occasionally with additional sauce during baking.  Simmer remaining sauce and serve with chicken.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... SOUR CREAM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walker OMG!  Yum, Yum, Yummy! Thanks.

Next Ingredient:  SOUR CREAM

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fruit Salad

2 cups Mandarine Oranges

2 cups Pineapple Tidbits

2 cups mini-marsmallows

1 cup SOUR CREAM

1 cup coconut 

Mix all ingredients together.  Refrigerate. If desired, add sliced bananas before serving.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... FLOUR

Esteemed Contributor

Three Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe

Buttermilk Biscuits are an heirloom recipe and this three ingredient buttermilk biscuit recipe is a must-have recipe for any cook.

Ingredients

2 cups self-rising flour
1/4
 cup vegetable shortening 
3/4 cup buttermilk

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 475º F. Lightly coat rimmed baking sheet or cast iron skillet with vegetable shortening. Set aside.
  2. Add flour to a large mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender, two forks, or knives until well-combined. Slowly pour in buttermilk and stir gently until just combined. Do not overmix.
  3. Pour biscuit dough onto a floured pastry cloth, paper towels, or dough board. Gently pat or roll to about ½-inch thick. Cut out biscuits using about a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits into skillet or on baking sheet pan, leaving about an inch between biscuits to allow them to rise and cook fully. Place in preheated oven and bake about 10-12 minutes.
    Remove from oven and serve. Makes 6.

Next ingredient: Raisins

Honored Contributor

This recipe brings back fond memories of my childhood.  My mother would make it and serve with ham.  

RAISIN Sauce

1 cup RAISINS

2 1/2 cups water

2/3 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons corn starch

3 teaspoons dry mustard

1 1/2 teaspoons salt 

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

3 tablespoons vinegar 

Simmer RAISINS in water for 10 minutes.  Combine other ingredients and add to RAISINS (do not drain).  Cook on low until thick; stirring occasionally.

NEXT INGREDIENT .... BASIL, fresh or dried

Trusted Contributor

@walker

Thanks for the shared memory -- for years I didn't know it was POSSIBLE to eat ham without Raisin Sauce!

NEXT INGREDIENT .... BASIL, fresh or dried

Honored Contributor

chicken dumpling casserole.jpg  Chicken and Dumpling Casserole

Taste of Home

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green peas
  • 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • DUMPLINGS:
  • 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 2/3 cup 2% milk

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour, sugar, salt, basil and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened; reduce heat. Add peas and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
  • For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine baking mix and basil. Stir in milk with a fork until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls into mounds over chicken mixture.
  • Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Cover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 393 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1313mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.

Next ingredient:  ricotta, or any soft cheese
~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Olive Garden Five Cheese Marinara Recipe (copy)

Ingredients

• 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 jars marinara
  • 1 jar alfredo
  • 2 cups shredded italian cheese
  • 1/2 cup ricotta
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

Instructions

1. Heat olive oil. Sautée onion and garlic.
  2. Add marinara sauces and alfredo and mix. Bring to a simmer
  3. Whisk in ricotta, Italian cheeses, and Italian seasoning and stir until smooth. Simmer 10 mins.
  4. Serve over pasta.

Next ingredient:  Brussels sprouts

Honored Contributor

@walker...oh my Raisin Sauce, my grandma would make that every holiday with the ham...she also made mincemeat. I have not had mincemeant in many, many years, but even as a kid I liked it.  Thanks for the memory.