Valued Contributor

Easy fastest safest way to cook raw sliced bacon in oven

• Line the baking sheet with foil. (You will want to use a baking sheet that has enough of a rim that it contains the bacon drippings.)
  • (I USE A JELLY ROLL METAL PAN WHICH HAS A DEEP RIM).
  • If using a metal cooling rack, spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray, and place the rack inside the baking sheet.
  • Place the bacon slices in a single layer either directly on the foil or on a rack Make sure not to overlap slices.

• Turn the oven on and set to 400 degrees. Do not wait for the oven to preheat. Go ahead and place the pan in the oven.
  • Cook the bacon for 12-17 minutes. Cooking time depends on the thickness of your bacon, and how long it takes for you oven to come to temperature. Start checking your bacon around 10 minutes to ensure your bacon doesn’t burn. (Nothing worse than burnt bacon!)
  • When the bacon is golden brown, the bacon is done.
  • Once the bacon has reached your desired level of crispiness, remove immediately and place on paper towels to soak up the bacon grease. or drain leftover cooked bacon grease into a metal coffee can and  refrigerate or use as is when you need cooked bacon drippings to flavor foods.
  • Eat and enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Easy fastest safest way to cook raw sliced bacon in oven

I have never tried it that way but I use my panini grill. It works great.

Valued Contributor

Hi Debacakes:

I also used to use a Paninni Grill but found the oven way I posted tends to cook much larger batches of raw bacon slices with no effort other than ensuring you do not overcook them.

Also ensuring you use the degrees for the oven I posted, along with the method I used including using  aluminum foil, 2 metal jelly roll pans, and metal  wire rack inserts inside.

Honored Contributor

I always oven cook my bacon, but I use parchment paper instead of foil, less splatter and no need to use the racks, as the paper absorbs the grease, eliminating the need for racks.

With the oven cooking method, the bacon is cooked more uniformly and flat, not all curled up in places.

I like the fat on my bacon well cooked.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I buy pre-cooked bacon  Easy and delish.  But I never cook more than 6 or 8 pieces and that's for BLTs.  When hubby and I eat bacon for breakfast it's 1 slice each.  

Honored Contributor

I have made my bacon in a similar manor for years, except I use the broiler on low and don't use foil in the pan....I just add a little water in my broiler pan base (bacon on the top of the pan)  and then dump in the trash after the grease congeals with the water...perfect every time.

I have cooked bacon this way for a few years now but I always flipped it after 10 minutes and then cook it another 10 to 11 minutes. Usually I buy thick Bacon. Next time I will not flip it though. I like it crispy. 

Honored Contributor

I use my George Foreman, no grease splatter anywhere.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Rachael Ray has a baking pan with an insert specially designed for baking bacon; you can get it here at QVC (K304920) and elsewhere, and it does a great job. Aside from the perfectly cooked bacon, my favorite thing about it is that the insert is SO much easier to clean than a wire cooling rack.

And now I want some bacon and have no way to get any for a few hours...sigh...  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The only difference I would add, aside from I do actually pre-heat the oven and the time is increased for thick cut, I found that there was a lot of splatter, which was not pleasing to me, so I take a sheet of parchment and press it down over the entirety of the bacon in the baking sheet before putting it in the oven.   It cooks beautifully and there is no splatter.