Valued Contributor

Why do the "fashion" shows have models?

Why do the "hosts" have to change clothes during a show as if they were the model?

Honored Contributor

Customers want to SEE what they are buying...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Jo1313 I agree. Hosts are there to inform, not model. A host should be wearing clothing presented during their program. No changing. It distracts them from giving us important information.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

Why do the "fashion" shows have models?

Why do the "hosts" have to change clothes during a show as if they were the model?

@Jo1313 

To me the hosts serving as "models" is unnecessary they should be giving details on the clothing AND LET THE MODELS DO THE MODELING!!!! To me it looks like a cover up for not doing their homework and are

unprepared to provide garment details....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Customers want to SEE what they are buying...

The models are there to do that

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It looks to me that this is a cost savings for QVC.  I remember the days when there were up to 4 models; thinking of Louis Dell'Olio, for example.  When a host doubles her work as a model as well, less for QVC to pay for. 

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Jo1313 I agree. Hosts are there to inform, not model. A host should be wearing clothing presented during their program. No changing. It distracts them from giving us important information.

Gee, how distracting!! 

Some people can never be satisfied. If you're that picky go shop in a store.

Esteemed Contributor
I appreciate the hosts modeling the clothes. Many times the models are much taller than I am so I appreciate the more petite hosts wearing the offerings. Also, skin tones may make the clothing look different & the hosts might style the item in a different way.

I order on line when I see something I like & I look at the descriptions. So I don’t need the host giving me further information.

I’m not distracted by changing of the clothing. The hosts are told to do this, most likely, and customers are not their managers.
Respected Contributor

Many times, especially with certain hosts, the models are completely ignored.  I often wonder if the models resent that.  Maybe not, as long as they get paid for the appearance.  Then there are people in the background who decide on the pairing of clothing items for the models to wear on-air.  They take care with their work, have the models dress in the choices made, the model appears on-air, then is ignored by the host.  The host is way too busy being cute and entertaining to acknowledge the model. 

Esteemed Contributor

IMO they should focus more on the models and less on the hosts blabbing about their private lives! I would like to know details about the fabric, sizing, and especially what size is the host and models are wearing. I don't care who's taking a vacation, or who's daughters have 10 of the item!! QVC is focusing on the wrong aspect of sales.