Honored Contributor

@89135 wrote:

If you don't like what you are seeing, CHANGE THE CHANNEL !!!!!!!

@89135 

We do know how to change the channel and most do but how will that help QVC's bottom line and declining sales? 🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The hosts are there to do a job.  Their job description was designed by their employer, QVC, and not what the viewers think they should be.

So, using that logic, they are modeling clothing because they were told to do so.

Sometimes the silly questions amaze me.

Respected Contributor

I am one who iikes to see the hosts and models wear the clothes.  The more I can see of the item on different type bodies, the more I can decide how it would look on me.

The model are mostly tall and I am not.  There are a few petite models but I can judge better seeing on tall, average, petite and different builds.  Many of us are in between the models.  The more people wearing the clothes, the better it is to judge how it may look on us.

Super Contributor

@Spurt  Don't worry about their bottom line or declining sales..That's their job. Do you worry about Kohl's or Walmart or any place you shop about their sales or bottom line. I don't

Respected Contributor

I like to see the fashion on the hosts because they are all sizes and shapes and they show the clothing as they move around.  That can be very telling.  That is why I did NOT buy the Isaac TSV dress the other day.  It looked like a house dress on Leah and Jane and I have a similar shape to them!

Respected Contributor

I find it amusing when the rack samples are not the host's size, but she insists that she must try it on anyway.  Doesn't button....can't zip...

One hostess in particular does this a great deal.

And a departed host would often mention that the rack didn't contain her size, so she wouldn't put it on....I respected that.

Respected Contributor

I don't see a problem with the hosts putting on the clothes.  I agree with others who say it's nice to see the items on someone that isn't a tall model.  I don't understand why there is a problem with this.  It wouldn't help me to know what size is on the rack because i always check the garment measurements to determine my the size I order.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Contributor

I like to see the length of the top and sleeves on the models before I buy.  If I see it's a swing style like so many Denim & Co tops I'm not interested.  Sometimes that's hard to see online in a picture so it helps to see the models moving around.

I agree with everyone that the hosts need to quit chatting and give the product details.  Some items and colors sell out very quickly while the hosts are telling us "this is the only order of the year" and you don't have time to go to the computer to review all the specific details and sizes.    

Contributor
I believe the hosts know the top selling item, that's usually what they're wearing
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why? and Why?

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

The hosts are there to do a job.  Their job description was designed by their employer, QVC, and not what the viewers think they should be.

So, using that logic, they are modeling clothing because they were told to do so.

Sometimes the silly questions amaze me.

Not a silly question....because i don't believe the hosts are told they have to switch the outfits every time the product changes during the presentations....

OTHERWISE all of them would do that.  Only a few

of the hosts who are "needy" for attention do that

every time the item number changes and if you note

the more mature or not as svelt hosts only seem to wear ONE relatable item from the show during the WHOLE show.   It isn't necessary for the hosts to change every item during the show ...because there is almost ALWAYS a model similar to their size/height XXS already posing.  Size XXS, XS...height 5 '7" - 5'10".  Average height of US women is 5'4".  And often QVC shows petite models

only 5'3" or 5.4" 

Its about attention.