New Contributor

Might as well get rid of the models and the guest hosts. The QVC female hosts want to do all the talking, even though they don't say anything worth listening to, and wear all the cloths, which is absolutely ridiculous the way they fly off the set and come back with a different shirt or pair of pants on. How stupid.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

Why do the "fashion" shows have models?

Why do the "hosts" have to change clothes during a show as if they were the model?

@Jo1313 And this bothers you because. . . Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: Why? and Why?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner 

Maybe because hosts should fulfill the roles of hosts. It seems like they should have plenty to do, if they are being competent hosts.  Models are the people who should actually MODEL the clothes.  That is their job.  They don't take over the jobs of the hosts.  It seems like the hosts want ALL the focus on themselves.

Respected Contributor
I find it to be annoying with the constant changing of clothes by the hosts, but I think they do it because they are told to. It must increase sales. I never much minded when Lisa R used to do it, because she usually only put on tops and jackets, not entire wardrobe changes. She never lost a step when presenting either. Now, they seem to make a big production of it
Respected Contributor

I imagine the hosts don't really enjoy running off to change so much; but if they are told to do it they have no choice.  Amy S. changes the most.  Of course she has a cute figure and looks good in just about everything but my shape is nothing like hers so it does not influence me to buy what she is wearing at all.  As a viewer I find it a time waster watching the host leave and come back in a different color.

Respected Contributor

@LilMadi 

Your description is very well done of that host.  Not exactly having to do with "climbing" into clothes, but that host has a voice not fit for broadcasting.  She thinks she is quite a good designer.  QVC should give her a new position as designer, but behind the scenes.  For a HOST of reasons!

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Jo1313 I agree. Hosts are there to inform, not model. A host should be wearing clothing presented during their program. No changing. It distracts them from giving us important information.

Really? Says who? Obviously Q execs want it that way. Distracts from import info?

Its all provided in the product description. But, anything to complain ...

Valued Contributor

maximillian said: "Your description is very well done of that host.  Not exactly having to do with "climbing" into clothes, but that host has a voice not fit for broadcasting.  She thinks she is quite a good designer.  QVC should give her a new position as designer, but behind the scenes.  For a HOST of reasons!"

Thank you.

I think she believes she's an excellent designer AND model and she couldn't be more proud of herself for her part in the "Studio Park" collection.

Btw-great pun!!!! =O)

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

@maximillian 

Back in the day...........hosts never did this! They let the models model and the hosts hosted. Don't know when this started but I found it ridiculous when I used to watch.