Honored Contributor

Dan Hughes Starts Stand-Up Comedy AGAIN

[ Edited ]

Dan Hughes has resurrected his stand-up comedy act.

For those interested, and do not follow Facebook posts....this is from Dan today:

"The last time I did stand up comedy was before the pandemic when I had the honor and pleasure of opening for the one and only Jay Leno at a venue not far from where I live. As many of your know Jay had brought his product line of aftermarket car care products to where I used to work and we hit it off. He has always been amazingly kind to me. I made my living back in the 1980's doing stand up more by accident than by desire and it paid the bills but I have never been comfortable in the spot light. Later tonight I will the headliner fore the first time in over 30 years. I never wished to just tell jokes. I believe humor can bring people together and tonight I will find out if my voice still has some meaning. I wasn't fired..... I was fired up. Wish me well. Tonight will determine my future......"

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes Starts Stand-Up Comedy AGAIN

Good for Dan.  I wish him much success.  Laughter is good for the soul.  

Honored Contributor

WOW!!!! I never in a million years even knew he could be funny---never thought he was in all the years I watched him---thought he was corny but not funny---amazing!!!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper,

Thank you so much for this post!

Good Luck to Dan!

Happy Wednesday Image - Have A Good Evening

Valued Contributor

Good for him!  He has wasted no time in moving ahead with his life. Good luck, Dan!

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck Dan ... I wish you the very best 😁
Esteemed Contributor

I knew he had done stand up in the past, but find it hard to believe as he just is not a funny man.  Well, good luck Dan.  You'll need it.  

Honored Contributor

Told ya!!!

Honored Contributor

Great!  I wish him much success.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I knew he had done stand up in the past, but find it hard to believe as he just is not a funny man.  Well, good luck Dan.  You'll need it.  

I agree - his jokes on QVC were lame - often self-deprecating. I was embarrassed for him.   But some people must like that humor.  I can see him doing stand-up at church socials.