Esteemed Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@89135 wrote:

If you don't like what you are seeing, CHANGE THE CHANNEL !!!!!!!

How ORIGINAL.

I know, right?! Like we don't know that already

Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I find it amusing when the rack samples are not the host's size, but she insists that she must try it on anyway.  Doesn't button....can't zip...

One hostess in particular does this a great deal.

And a departed host would often mention that the rack didn't contain her size, so she wouldn't put it on....I respected that.

I am pretty sure that is the same host Isaac has told she would look better if she sized up a size or two. I have no idea why someone thinks they look good in clothes one or two sizes too small, but I have a theory.

She didn't wear Q clothing at all at one time. Since she's a contrarian, me thinks it is her way of giving the middle finger.

I agree with your last sentence...pure class IMO. 

Valued Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I took the Op's questions as why have models if the hosts are going to the modeling and why do some hosts become quick change artists when presenting fashion.

But....I could be wrong.

Thank you @qbetzforreal..that's exactly what I mean.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

IMO they should focus more on the models and less on the hosts blabbing about their private lives! I would like to know details about the fabric, sizing, and especially what size is the host and models are wearing. I don't care who's taking a vacation, or who's daughters have 10 of the item!! QVC is focusing on the wrong aspect of sales. 

How about length of pants? never tell that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

IMO they should focus more on the models and less on the hosts blabbing about their private lives! I would like to know details about the fabric, sizing, and especially what size is the host and models are wearing. I don't care who's taking a vacation, or who's daughters have 10 of the item!! QVC is focusing on the wrong aspect of sales. 

How about length of pants? never tell that. 

Right! That's very true. They used to give inseams as well. Now.....we'll.....you know, they don't due to self-absorption.

Honored Contributor

'I don't know' ......('so to speak')........I rather like to see some of the fashion items being worn/shown on the hosts, too.

I have a better idea of which size to order, etc. 

A good variety of people (models and hosts), and sometimes a side-line ( short videos) of other models, too.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
But the hosts say they are a 4 and you see they are at least a 10 or 12. They don't show the host's measurements. I remember a long time ago there were no models. Pat would sit at a table with a dress on a hanger and she describe the dress.
Respected Contributor

@maximillian 

@maximillian wrote:

Many times, especially with certain hosts, the models are completely ignored.  I often wonder if the models resent that.  Maybe not, as long as they get paid for the appearance.  Then there are people in the background who decide on the pairing of clothing items for the models to wear on-air.  They take care with their work, have the models dress in the choices made, the model appears on-air, then is ignored by the host.  The host is way too busy being cute and entertaining to acknowledge the model. 

I noticed during the last shoe shopping show, Jane and Kourtney were modeling shoes and the model, Jacque, was just standing in the background. I thought that seemed strange.

Valued Contributor

I don't think it's necessary for the hosts to model. I like seeing the models do that. After all, that is their job. And one host in particular  wants to "climb" into every piece of clothing and model them all while giving herself adoring looks while she hobbles from one leg to the other. As a matter of fact, they don't show the models much on her shows.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

@89135 I DID!!!! I not only changed the channel I stopped watching QVC all together. I found it totally unnecessary for the hosts to be constantly changing clothes. I even thought it was rude to the viewer and guests. If you don't mind the distraction then continue watching. Viewer preference