Esteemed Contributor

Re: What made you start watching QVC?

I started watching back when it was still CVN.  I had just got cable TV and a shopping channel was new! inventive! exciting! ingenious! 

I couldn't not watch. 

It was a couple years before I finally ordered something -- an Italian silver necklace, that I still own and wear.  I got hooked on Jill Bauer's Silver Style show on Sundays and bought more silver than I needed.  Oh my!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

I may be a little late to the party, but I started watching QVC back in 2013. I passed by the station just as Susan Graver was presenting two dresses to purchase that supposedly wouldn't wrinkle. This was February and I had a trip to Florida coming up in April, so I'd figure I'd give it a try. The dresses came in, I rolled them up, put them on a shelf until the week before my trip in April, and was amazed when I unrolled them that there wasn't one wrinkle on them. I've been a QVC customer ever since then, and I have quite a few (ok a lot!) of pieces of Liquid Knit in my closet. I personally have had such good luck with the clothing and jewelry that I've bought over the years. I've already done some Christmas shopping for this year! I love reading all of your comments! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

to be honest I am a channel flipper and never was a loyal watcher. Maybe a minute or two here and there unless they were showing something I may have been interested in which was seldom. Over the years what I have seen has turned me off with the hard sell and deceit that I rarely purchase anything except for the few items I like that I can't get locally. The one thing I will always remember was when it was suggested that I purchase a $500. vacuum cleaner for each floor of my house. Well a cellar, the main floor and the second floor. I don't think so.

Honored Contributor

Some time back in the 1990's.  My mom was watching it.  She worked, but she put it on when she got home.  Then she started recording shows. Slowly I started watching it.  But I got distracted by all the 18K gold I saw on ShopNBC and hooked on it.  Then I discovered the monthly 18K shows on QVC.  And that was it!  Didn't really start buying stuff (other then the gold) till about 2004.  Somewhere around there.  I have never ordered anything from HSN.

Valued Contributor

my cable went out, and when it came back on, it was between watching the weather channel and QVC Smiley Wink I remember Lisa Robertson was presenting something Christmas in July-ish, and then the next show was fashion. I didn't know that the Q had fashion! From that show on, I was hooked!

Esteemed Contributor

In 1992 when my son was born I became a stay at home mom.When I was home alone with him I liked having the tv on in the background. One day I was flipping channels & found QVC. The rest is history.

Frequent Contributor

Toni Price --  I think that was the host that I saw when I first started watching!!  I couldn't remember her name.  Thank you! 

Trusted Contributor

My mother told me about QVC in '93.  Her first purchases were Marie Ormond dolls as well as mine and then I bought gold jewelry. 

Respected Contributor

Mom got me interested in QVC 30 plus years ago.

Trusted Contributor

A baby with colic got me watching QVC.