Honored Contributor

Re: What made you start watching QVC?

We moved into our new house in 1986------then cable was put in---and was flipping thru all the "new" channel selections and found QVC as it turned from CVN and that was that. My first purchase was a heart shaped amethyst ring sold by Steve Colantuno, the second was the 4 qt Nesco roaster from Virginia, the vendor for Nesco. Back then it took a solid 2 weeks to get here. 

Respected Contributor

I have always been a lazy shopper, and preferred to shop catalog, and eventually online.  I was channel flipping many years ago and found QVC.  I naturally fell into this type shopping.  Yes, I sometimes left it on for background noise since I've never been interested in tv sitcoms and movies.  These days I listen to a lot of radio, and don't watch QVC on tv.  It's all online, but rarely make a purchase.  If I had a re-do in my life, I would have never purchased one piece of jewelry or collectible doll from QVC.  It took me years to get rid of all that nonsense.

Valued Contributor

I've never liked shopping in stores that much. Ordered a lot of my clothing from Land's End and LL Bean (who I do not patronize any longer due to their elitist sizing and bad return policy's plus a very bad CS experience).

So when I happened upon QVC I was drawn right in. 

Trusted Contributor

As a young mother of a premie and hubby working graveyard shift at the truck assembly, thank god for QVC!  I have watched since the beginning as they run 24/7.....love Diamoneque!  I felt not alone on those long nights Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Living in a small town in 1986  I certainly did not go to malls often as a long drive. Still is. I got to see what was out there to buy and new products demonstrated and gained new information. I recall Kathy Levine talking about in the early days packing boxes when off the air. She was dubbed "The Lady of Hawk " on the cover of TV Guide .I got to see famous personalities. Joan and Kathy were great. My ex hated Q and the sales chatter and for women's items so I watched on the second TV sometimes anxious for him to get off the computer which used the phone line to order before sold out.

I started out buying silver jewelry, then gold and Diamonique. I used to stay up until 11 pm CST excited about the new TSV which was a secret until then. QVC was entertaining then and educational which sorry to say is no longer the case for me to watch. I do enjoy my jewelry and Irish Sweaters. I have Fenton glass items also I never would have seen.

Respected Contributor

29 years ago and it was the silver jewelry that caught my eye.

Honored Contributor

I remember watching Lisa Robertson with Barbara Bixby, loved the way Lisa presented jewelry.

Respected Contributor

I remember family members and a few friends that were Q shoppers. I thought it was ridiculous, plus I saw all these boxes in my aunts living room and thought, HOARDER! One late night late 90's I saw Beanie Babies being presented and I purchased the Princess bear and Valentino for my young son. I didn't get hooked. A lot of the ladies at work talked about QVC and HSN. My friend had flameless candles on her desk and I thought they were so cool. I inquired, and that about did it! Had to be 2010. By 2013, I was so hooked ordering so much stuff from the ITKWD show. There was nothing I liked on tv so I bounced back from Q and HSN. And here I've stayed!

Super Contributor

one night, over thirty years ago,  i couldn't sleep. i was flipping through the channels and saw a guy named Mike Rowe, presenting stuff. he was funny and irreverent. i was hooked. been a QVC customer ever since. 

Honored Contributor

Though I'm sure some will rail against my comments here, it was Lisa Robertson who first hooked me into QVC. I remember back in the early 2000's channel surfing as I was finding nothing I wanted to watch on TV (as is so often the case, despite the hundreds of cable channels...) and I happened across her presenting jewelry... Well, I love jewelry and I was fascinated by what I saw as a pretty, articulate lady talking in a soothing voice to viewers about a ring... At first, I honestly thought the concept was funny... I remember laughing out loud at the notion of shopping by television, but caught myself tuning back in from time to time and eventually was hooked... I've since moved on, though I did buy that initial ring I saw Lisa selling...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...