Respected Contributor

Re: What made you start watching QVC?

@x Hedge wrote:

No cable tv here, only over the air reception.

I was flipping thru channels one day and there was this woman, her appearance was both startling and absolutely hilarious, and I couldn't stop laughing for about 20 minutes.

Care to share whom?

Esteemed Contributor

I was first introduced to The Q by my DSIL. She LOVES gold jewelry, and would show me her "treasures", but I was among those people that did not take television shopping seriously, until she showed me the most beautiful gold and diamond ring. When she told me the price, I couldn't believe it, and had to investigate.😁 

I liked the jewelry, but was influenced by a T-Fal presentation by Steve Bryant. I opened an account, bought the pans, and thus began a looooong love affair with The Q.😊

I left for a time when I discovered HSN, but just couldn't stay away.😄  After David took the helm of "In The Kitchen", I became a kitchen gadgets and gizmos junkie, and am proud to say, "I still am".😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Boredom

Esteemed Contributor

Stayed home after youngest child was born. First time to not work outside the home since married and I didn't watch soap operas but did find QVC, Bob Ross - the Joy of Painting - and PBS kids' Sharon, Lois & Bram. For special occasions I began requesting QVC jewelry and bought clothes online since my busy daughter wasn't easy to shop with. Once I went back to work, I bought 'no occasion' jewelry for self, plus handbags. I had a busy life and this was my first online shopping experience.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't remember the year but it was the Kathy Levin ring, I didn't buy it but I ended up buying another diamoncque ring.  Wow diamonique was gorgeous And then I ended up having several rings in 14 karat gold and was very pleased with the Epiphany platinum clad.  I still have many rings and cherish them as I bought them for memories.  Then they started coming out with the colored stones. So pretty and innovative, great quality and price.  Of course fell in love with D&Co  and then the beauty products.  Missed those exciting days and specific nights and shows. Pat doing the 18 karat gold shows, Lisa and her Christmas shows were fantastic.

Respected Contributor

I started watching when it from day 1.  I always hated going to large stores, worked full time and truthfully did not have the time to spend in malls which I also did not like.  One day one of the secretaries was wearing these gorgeous "diamond" studs.  I asked her where she got them and she said they were Diamonique and she bought them on QVC.  They looked so real, I would never have known they were not diamonds.  I bought a pair and then I was hooked.  I loved and have so many pieces from Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, Kenneth Jay Lane. There were so many gorgeous custom jewlery shows of top quallity and so many top of the line designers for fashions.  Also loved Phyllis George's pottery which I still have.  There was so much variety, great quality and when I would come home, my packages were waiting for me.  What a concept!  I miss all those old shows.  Even Valerie Parr Hill used to have beautiful dishes, pottery and glassware.  Now her stuff looks so cheezy and childish, very cheap looking.  I miss those days, I remember when Joan was on I would call in sick (no VCR in those days) so I would not miss her shows,  So many top notch designers gone, it is a shame.

Valued Contributor

I came upon QVC in the early 90's when I moved into an apartment across from my employer, Weiss Memorial Hospital, at Chicago's lakefront. Shopping was very difficult as I had no car. Grocery shopping was done by walking with a push/pull cart. Anything else was tedious and required bus rides. QVC was a convenient way to shop and have items delivered to me. 

Things have changed. I no longer live in Chicago and drive everywhere. I think that the Quality, Value and Convenience has left QVC.

Super Contributor

I saw Kathy Levine while surfing channels, watched her selling Diamonique and was hooked. I began watching any show that she hosted.  Kathy was/ is interesting, personable, knowledgeable, and could sell anything -- except electronics.  The years with her and Joan Rivers were delightful. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found QVC through Birkenstock. Although I probably had heard the name, I had no idea what it was. I loved Birkenstock. The only store anywhere near us had a very basic collection. Before we moved I had a store that had a huge selection, and I missed that. So I looked online and saw pages of them on QVC. I ordered two pairs and that was it.

Sometime later I was alone cleaning on a Saturday. I took a break and scrolled through the channels. QVC was doing a beauty show and was showing Laura Geller's pink grapefruit Blush and Brighten . I ordered it. Then Mally came on with her Starlight liners. I ordered those too,

Sometime later I was getting ready Friday morning. I usually watched GMA, but was losing interest. I found Jayne and Pat. I loved their show! Eventually I started setting the DVR so I could watch the last part of the show when I got home!  

That was the start!  I think it was around 2007 or so.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I was in the hospital for a week in the mid 90's.  I discovered QVC during my stay and have been a customer ever since.