Respected Contributor

i shop where it makes me happy

i wish that for all

Smiley Happy

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom The glitter comment is not quite accurate.  I recently purchased faceted candlesticks.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  Very well done.  Oh, and I haven't found a bit of glitter on them.  

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day.  Everything gets on your nerves when you're having one of those days.  Try changing the channel to something a little less stressful like a Christmas movie or take a nice quiet walk. 

Respected Contributor

I love my 7' VPH Christmas tree I purchased a few years ago. I've been anxious to bring it out every year since. 

I've also purchased gifts for neighbors and friends. A Christmas decoration and some cookies, or wine, and I'm done.

Everything I have purchased has been nice for the price. Saves me from having to run around looking for items. Yes, I could purchase Christmas items locally but this is far too easy. 

Respected Contributor

Valerie presents a number of different items for varied taste levels and budgets.... I really like this about her. I have purchased many of her items through the years and always look forward to her shows.

I purchased three sets of faceted candle holders and a number of gifts from her (during CIJ)  that I will be proud to give. The faceted glass pieces are beyond beautiful and very high quality. So happy with them. 

Valued Contributor

Most of her items are mass produced overseas and can be found at much lower prices in places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc..  Some of her things look cheap on the TV.

I prefer to support local artisans and am fortunate to live in an area that has many handmade craft fairs.  Not only am I supporting locals, I am purchasing items that are not mass produced or found anyplace else.  I love to watch the artists work their craft, knowing that a piece will be mine.  Actually, I pay less because these works are not imported and the workmanship is impeccable.

Evidentally, she is making $$$$ for the Q or she would have been long gone.  She does offer some interesting decorating ideas.  To each his/her own.

Trusted Contributor
I miss Pier I. I loved their merchandise. A step up from Michael’s and Joann’s. I won’t buy from Valerie anymore. I need to see things in person. Plus I have too many seasonal decorations anyway.
Super Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Says you.  Unfortuately you are not in charge of programming.  And there are three channels to choose from.

Very rude of you. She has a right to her opinion. To each his own.

Contributor

Why do people scold people for posting an opinion.  Of course everyone knows they can watch something else and change the channel.  I'm sure they don't watch what the don't like.  But is it so wrong to state an opinion?  If you don't agree,  say I don't agree and here's why. Or don't respond.  If you do agree,  say I agree.  But being snarky doesn't need to happen.   This is a forum.... I don't understand. 

Trusted Contributor
I think Valerie had items that were more beautiful and high quality years ago when I first started watching Q. I still have her large clear glass pumpkins that you can fill. It was a set of three. Then she went down hill as in for years we were inundated with those spheres! My sister and I used to get disgusted. People bought them although to us they became boring.