Trusted Contributor
I agree! Her items have become ordinary and many are cheap looking.
Trusted Contributor
Not true. Much of the clothing is made in other Asian countries, some in India. Isaac’s clothing mostly is made in Vietnam. I buy mostly clothing now.
Trusted Contributor
As the other reviewer said, we are allowed to have and express our opinions just as you are. It works both ways.
Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

Most of her items are mass produced overseas and can be found at much lower prices in places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc..  Some of her things look cheap on the TV.

I prefer to support local artisans and am fortunate to live in an area that has many handmade craft fairs.  Not only am I supporting locals, I am purchasing items that are not mass produced or found anyplace else.  I love to watch the artists work their craft, knowing that a piece will be mine.  Actually, I pay less because these works are not imported and the workmanship is impeccable.

Evidentally, she is making $$$$ for the Q or she would have been long gone.  She does offer some interesting decorating ideas.  To each his/her own.

@docsgirl  Can you tell us what area of the country we may find all these local craftsmen? We have some towns that have a few but not that many to purchase all the goods one would need.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Where it's from is not my biggest problem with her items, it's that they LOOK so cheap and she throws a handful of glitter at everything she sells.

As I posted, that's just my personal opinion, I think a handful of glitter makes anything look 'cheap', nobody has to agree with me.

@KingstonsMom  I don't allow glitter in my home. If I receive a Christmas card with glitter, I display in in a clear bag. No one said you couldn't have an opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Qvcjane wrote:

Why do people scold people for posting an opinion.  Of course everyone knows they can watch something else and change the channel.  I'm sure they don't watch what the don't like.  But is it so wrong to state an opinion?  If you don't agree,  say I don't agree and here's why. Or don't respond.  If you do agree,  say I agree.  But being snarky doesn't need to happen.   This is a forum.... I don't understand. 

@Qvcjane  I don't think anyone should be scolded for an opinion. Everyone has one. Although there are ways to title a thread that are a bit more adult sounding. And without the caps. 

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I reside in North East Ohio and we have many craft fairs where you can walk around and watch the artisans hone their crafts.  You can purchase what is already made or you can ask for something made to your liking.

We have something called the Shaker Woods Festival, which is just that.  It is in the woods and runs for several days.  If you are looking for handmade crafts or things that you would not find in retail, this is the place to be.  They also have great food and the atmosphere is delightful.

We are also near Amish Country so there are many handmade things to purchase there.  I had one of the Amish guys make an indoor gliding swing chair from a photo I showed him.  I couldn't believe the price he asked compared to the one in the photo which was made in China.  To this day, I still love that chair and it is a talking point in my home as well as something comfortable.  So, where would I rather give my money...locally or China???

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I reside in North East Ohio and we have many craft fairs where you can walk around and watch the artisans hone their crafts.  You can purchase what is already made or you can ask for something made to your liking.

We have something called the Shaker Woods Festival, which is just that.  It is in the woods and runs for several days.  If you are looking for handmade crafts or things that you would not find in retail, this is the place to be.  They also have great food and the atmosphere is delightful.

We are also near Amish Country so there are many handmade things to purchase there.  I had one of the Amish guys make an indoor gliding swing chair from a photo I showed him.  I couldn't believe the price he asked compared to the one in the photo which was made in China.  To this day, I still love that chair and it is a talking point in my home as well as something comfortable.  So, where would I rather give my money...locally or China???

@docsgirl  Thank you for the response. Yes, I have been to Amish Country and they have very nice things. Of course your money should not go to China. We do have some craft fairs here, mostly jewelry. We did buy a new mattress recently and it was made in USA. However it's not very easy to find all the necessities around here made in USA but we try.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Says you.  Unfortuately you are not in charge of programming.  And there are three channels to choose from.

Really? She isn't in charge of programming? Glad you reminded her. 

What do you think we should be doing on a discussion board @rms1954? My guess doing exactly what the OP did give her point of view. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Razzle dazzle1234 wrote:

Valerie Parr Hill  has to many shows she is beginning to remind me of Mally.. other folks have christmas stuff put them on the air..

@Razzle dazzle1234 

I don't understand your Mally reference.   Apparently VPH is a popular vendor.   If it really bothers you so much, keep in mind there are other channels you can watch ... just pick up your remote and change the channel.  

@Tinkrbl44 I'm sure she knows exactly how her remote works. You need to read up on what happens on a discussion board. We discuss, even when we don't agree!