Frequent Contributor

I was just on YouTube looking at old Jayne Mansfield footage and came across a segment from QVC called something like First Friday Extreme Shopping. The item up for sale was Jayne's home The Pink Palace, which was owned by Englebert Humperdink at the time. 

The price was almost $4 million and Humperdink was showing us around the home. Does anyone remember these Extreme Shopping shows on QVC? It blew me away! Crazy but so much fun!! Please share any memories you have of these shows. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Extreme Shopping???!!!

@dollgal   I've been a Q shopper since day ONE,  and do not remember a segment like that at all.  Glad you enjoyed watching. 

Honored Contributor

@dollgal  Why didn't you post the YT link?   confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I've seen extreme shopping shows -  no idea when and where, but I'd say not on QVC, HSN or their predecessors.

Respected Contributor

Yes,for some reason I remember K Levin was selling a town .

Respected Contributor

I don't recall seeing anything like that on QVC, but I do remember when they tried to sell automobiles.  Not sure if anyone ever bought a car from a home shopping channel.

Frequent Contributor

Oh I remember!

I believe they also sold some Peter Max artwork.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I don't recall seeing anything like that on QVC, but I do remember when they tried to sell automobiles.  Not sure if anyone ever bought a car from a home shopping channel.

@Suzeecat    I remember them selling Saturn Autos and large appliances.  I don't remember any extreme shopping shows.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Here is a link. If it doesn't work just go to YouTube and type in "diamonds to dust qvc". 

Diamonds to Dust QVC Pink Palace & Funeral & 1967 Color Interview - YouTube

Trusted Contributor

Found an old article from August 1997:

QVC TAKES SHOPPING TO THE EXTREME

The clothes, housewares and other knickknacks will still be for sale on QVC, but TV's home-shopping channel is going big time.

"First Friday: Extreme Shopping" will make its debut on QVC Sept. 5, giving viewers the chance to buy a $3.95 million mansion built for Rudy Vallee, owned by Jayne Mansfield and now the property of Englebert Humperdinck.

"This is shopping as entertainment, shopping as theater," QVC executive Fred Siegel said Friday.

The show also will offer a dozen dinosaur eggs and a Volkswagen Beetle painted by pop artist Peter Max. But the Mediterranean-style house on Sunset Boulevard called the "Pink Palace" is the showpiece.

The property offered through Sotheby's International Realty features a Mansfield-era heart-shaped pool, 15 rooms and 3 1/2 landscaped acres.