Honored Contributor

Not sure where Xmas in July came from--but it is all about retail sales--plain and simple--and what sells means sales !! I worked at a party store for 12 yrs and right after July 4th--the holiday freight  came thru the door--and some of it went up on small shelves in the back of the store to buy. Helloween was this company make it or break it holiday and I was exposed to that stuff from August thru Oct 31 st!!!  Got to hate that holiday!!  Not a fan of valeries stuff, seems a little junky now but I have bought some that were very nice.  and don't watch much in July but face it when September gets here , gird your loins--it'll be on all the time until Dec. 

Esteemed Contributor

@nascarfan wrote:

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day.  Everything gets on your nerves when you're having one of those days.  Try changing the channel to something a little less stressful like a Christmas movie or take a nice quiet walk. 

@nascarfan So condescending. She doesn't like that Valerie takes up so much air time, so she must be having a bad day. That makes sense.  

What makes more sense is she isn't a fan of QVC programming. We have no idea what kind of day she is having. It might be one of the best!

Why are some of you on a discussion board? 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Says you.  Unfortuately you are not in charge of programming.  And there are three channels to choose from.

Really? She isn't in charge of programming? Glad you reminded her. 

What do you think we should be doing on a discussion board @rms1954? My guess doing exactly what the OP did give her point of view. 

Really?  Yup, really.

Honored Contributor

I've purchased many items over the years from Valerie. Yes, some are glittery but some of my favorites are her figurines, pillows, table runners, candle holders, artificial flowers, wreaths, etc.  I don't watch much of the Q anymore, but when I did,  I always enjoyed her shows. She's calm, knowledgeable and pairs well with most hosts. Everyone's taste is different though and, of course, this is JMO...

~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: Enough is enough

[ Edited ]

@Razzle dazzle1234 

Valerie's shows are one of the few shows I watch on QVC these days....even if I dont buy i get decorating ideas....I find Valerie very pleasant and dont understand the comparison to the VERY LOUD Mally ......they are just the opposite....And Valerie's items have a lot of sell outs...... 

Meanwhile Mally didnt do very well her brand was acquired in 2015 by Beauty Visions for $10 million to cover its debts amid its bankruptcy. Mally Beauty is currently available on QVC/QVC.com, Amazon.com, and Mally.com nationwide.

The brand I dont care for and the quality and designs are cheap looking and more Dollar Store quality is Lightscapes and after the holidays there are a lot of that brand on clearance...which means didnt sell well.  Give me Valerie's stuff anyday.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Agree 100%.....shows are looking like Hobby Lobby for 4x the price!!! Plastic plastic plastic!  Ordered 3 things that came up after the fact as back ordered with no promise of delivery..................CANCELLED!!!

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Razzle dazzle1234 wrote:

Valerie Parr Hill  has to many shows she is beginning to remind me of Mally.. other folks have christmas stuff put them on the air..

@Razzle dazzle1234 

I don't understand your Mally reference.   Apparently VPH is a popular vendor.   If it really bothers you so much, keep in mind there are other channels you can watch ... just pick up your remote and change the channel.  

@Tinkrbl44 I'm sure she knows exactly how her remote works. You need to read up on what happens on a discussion board. We discuss, even when we don't agree!

@manny2 

What a stupid comment.  I know how message boards work.  You need to post comments that actually have some meaning now and then.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Valerie Parr Hill  has to many shows she is beginning to remind me of Mally.. other folks have christmas stuff put them on the air..

@Razzle dazzle1234 

I don't understand your Mally reference.   Apparently VPH is a popular vendor.   If it really bothers you so much, keep in mind there are other channels you can watch ... just pick up your remote and change the channel.  

@Tinkrbl44 I'm sure she knows exactly how her remote works. You need to read up on what happens on a discussion board. We discuss, even when we don't agree!

@manny2 

What a stupid comment.  I know how message boards work.  You need to post comments that actually have some meaning now and then.  

Oh, @Tinkrbl44 I'm not going to meet you where you are comfortable. Hurling insults. My post stands. Have a wonderful day. 

Respected Contributor

I love her things and always look forward to seeing what she has. Not always do I find things I want but I look forward to seeing what she has. Not fond of things made in China but seems that's the norm, at QVC and elsewhere. If I need something made in USA, I go to our local artisans centers, get items hand made, and pay triple the price. I love glitter, it always makes me happy, and Christmastime if a perfect time to spread all that magic. Yes, my opinion and am just stating it. Your opinions? Fine with me and I respect them.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Valerie Parr Hill  has to many shows she is beginning to remind me of Mally.. other folks have christmas stuff put them o

Oh, @Tinkrbl44 I'm not going to meet you where you are comfortable. Hurling insults. My post stands. Have a wonderful day. 

@manny2 

Correction ... It wasn't an insult, it was a fact.  My post also stands.   Have a good day.  LOL  Woman LOL