Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching Girl with Curves

My body type has no curves - so I didn't watch.

Super Contributor

I checked her clothing  online just to see the styles and nothing

appealed to me at all!!  Her clothing is for all sizes not just for curves..

Esteemed Contributor

Amy looked ridiculous in that black cape. All she needed was a tamborine and a cup to be a Salvation Lady. 

I would think the designer could have shown some very interesting clothes for the curvy woman. The white mock neck t-shirt that everyone has, but thankfully not at $56. Amy thought there should be a TWO in front of that. Come on, we didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver showed her loved Cozy Knit. Everybody asks for more more and more Cozy Knit. On and on. What is Cozy Knit. It's 95% Poly and 5% Spandex. People just can't get enough of her "miracle" fabrics. 

Contributor

I was under the impression that Girl With Curves referred to proportions rather than size or weight.  There are some women who are curvy no matter what size/weight they are.  I fit into that catagory.  A lot of clothes do not fit me because the fit models are straighter, meaning that the diffference in size between the waist and hips in smaller.   The silhouette for clothes now a days is a lot straighter than say 50-60 years ago.  That is how I started wearing vintage clothes.   All clothes / all styles do not fit / flatter all women, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hey ladies, would it have been more appropriate to have Alberti host this show?  Any good host ought to be able to host any show. 

@Kachina624 

DING, DING, DING---we have a winner!  That certainly would have been the PERFECT solution! Woman Very Happy  I also thought of Carolyn certainly better than Amy with this line...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

After I saw those jeans with the huge, and I mean huge, holes in the knees with threads hanging everywhere for almost $70.00 I had had enough.  Really? who would wear these horrible jeans?  I have seen jeans with small, subtle (sp?) rips but these where unbelievable.  Very disappointed in this new line.  And yes, like a lot of you, I was very surprised to see Amy host this show.

I loved the jeans, but I like and wear a lot of distressed jeans and shorts. Have you looked around lately? Those rips were pretty tame compared to a lot I have seen.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hey ladies, would it have been more appropriate to have Alberti host this show?  Any good host ought to be able to host any show. 

Alberti is not a good host for women's fashions, so no.

@NYCLatinaMe 

Many women's fashion designers are men.  So I guess a male host would be right in line!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Alberti is not a good host for women's fashions, so no.

@NYCLatinaMe 

Many women's fashion designers are men.  So I guess a male host would be right in line!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 How are your statements relevant to Alberti's presentation skills?  What does that mean, "right in line"?  Just because some designers are men that doesn't make Alberti a good presenter.

Super Contributor

AS could wear a filthy paper bag and look fantastic!  LOL  But yes there are some hosts that wear larger sizes so that might have been a good opportunity to have let one of them premiere it.  When I was heavy it seemed all models were really small.  Thankfully they have added more larger models over the years.  I finally lost my weight, so appreciate it most when they have both large and small models to show the clothes.  I need to see it on someone somewhat close to my size.  It is great how Q has not only expanded models over the years but wow in many lines you can get petite/regulr/tall XXS to 5X.  THAT is size inclusivity!  Bringing a brand designed with curvy gals in mind (but also offered in misses sizes) is just an extension of their expanding fashion inclusivity.   Years  ago it was all clothes designed for missy sized women and then just just made them larger...but this changes that.