Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching Girl with Curves

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I thought the point of the brand is to have women of all sizes represented - Amy said she doesn't really have traditional curves...

I thought the target audience was "Girls with CURVES" Smiley Frustrated

@LavernLuvsShoes   apparently they are using the term "curves"  to mean all inclusive curves.  Not just based on specific sizes, that's why her sizes are from XXS to 5X.  

A size 2 can have curves relative to the rest of her own body, not compared to a larger woman's curves.  A woman can have a tiny waist, and rounder hips, but still a size 2.

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 @ i'd see no problem at all with that. she'd be the host of a clothing show. all clothing lines have zero to plus sizes. that's why they have models. no clothing line has only 1 size. and it shouldn't dictate the size of the host they choose for that particular show. 

Honored Contributor

I think they could have "won for trying.

" Amy would not be the "fantasy" I would be shooting for either.

I agree that it is an odd choice for a host and if I was the market target I would feel like a very petite and tiny host for "girls with curves" would be kind of like a slap in the face.

Especially when she insisted on modeling everything and turning this way and that.

Though to be fair the designer said she designed her brand to be for girls of every type. Though the name of it "Girls with Curves" I wonder if she originally meant otherwise. She said she never saw any of the models look like her (she had a brief stint in modeling she said).

But I think QVC obviously thinks Amy is a very good host and she does a lot of the primetime shows.

Amy said,

" It's high end. "So I don't want the prices to confuse anyone. Like this is what would be 3 digits out in retail."

Describing A452082.

I know this is probably the key phrases hosts are taught to say but I feel like they must still think QVC viewers are idiots who understand nothing.

I think some of her designs are nice but I looked up viscose -one of the fabrics she uses as do many designers-yikes who knew?

"Why is viscose bad?

Image result for viscose

Rayon (Viscose)

Not only is the production of this material dangerous, but wearing it can also be unhealthy. Rayon fabric can emit toxic substances that can cause nausea, headaches, vomiting, chest and muscle pain, and insomnia. In addition to all that, its production is heavily polluting the environment."-

from brightside

It can also pill and be hot.

I'm sure if I looked, so many of our clothes would be made with this.

And others that are toxic. We probably would have to get rid of most everything in our closet. Maybe decades from now we will have better choices, or maybe worse.

So disappointing. I would hope designers would start to be more

health and environment conscious instead of hoping to showcase their  designs at the best cost for them.

I know I sound like a scrooge party pooper fill in the blank. I guess that is how I'm feeling today.

Just tired of clothing trying to be sold as so expensive looking and made so well but made from cheap, (or now we see unhealthy as well) material that is not worth what it is trying to sell for. And it will sell for "whatever the market will bear."

If you are in that market! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

@febe1 @ i'd see no problem at all with that. she'd be the host of a clothing show. all clothing lines have zero to plus sizes. that's why they have models. no clothing line has only 1 size. and it shouldn't dictate the size of the host they choose for that particular show. 

It was the first thing I thought of when the show began. 

Honored Contributor

Not sure I understand the point here ......   Is this line supposed to be for women who have curves, or for women who are rather heavy?

Trusted Contributor

Amy covered that. Her curves are her stomach. She's so curvy. LOL

Respected Contributor

After I saw those jeans with the huge, and I mean huge, holes in the knees with threads hanging everywhere for almost $70.00 I had had enough.  Really? who would wear these horrible jeans?  I have seen jeans with small, subtle (sp?) rips but these where unbelievable.  Very disappointed in this new line.  And yes, like a lot of you, I was very surprised to see Amy host this show.

Honored Contributor

What, small/petite girls can't have curves????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey ladies, would it have been more appropriate to have Alberti host this show?  Any good host ought to be able to host any show. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

After I saw those jeans with the huge, and I mean huge, holes in the knees with threads hanging everywhere for almost $70.00 I had had enough.  Really? who would wear these horrible jeans?  I have seen jeans with small, subtle (sp?) rips but these where unbelievable.  Very disappointed in this new line.  And yes, like a lot of you, I was very surprised to see Amy host this show.

@lovesallanimals 

You got it right.  lol   Woman LOL