Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching Girl with Curves

Maybe it's just her shift...just sayin'

Esteemed Contributor

@rhinestonechickie wrote:

I was under the impression that Girl With Curves referred to proportions rather than size or weight.  There are some women who are curvy no matter what size/weight they are.  I fit into that catagory.  A lot of clothes do not fit me because the fit models are straighter, meaning that the diffference in size between the waist and hips in smaller.   The silhouette for clothes now a days is a lot straighter than say 50-60 years ago.  That is how I started wearing vintage clothes.   All clothes / all styles do not fit / flatter all women, IMO. 

So true, @rhinestonechickie . I weigh l00 lbs and am curvy. A good example is Courtney and Amy: although both tiny, Courtney is curvy and Amy straight as a young boy.  

Honored Contributor

Hey everyone Alberti has presented women's fashions before in fact he was on Monday Night Fashions Night In for awhile when he was first hired way back around 2014 and he has hosted both womens fashions and beauty products as well..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I personally thought Amy was an odd choice.  I even said it out loud, to myself, when the show came on.  

It has nothing to do with Amy being petite.  It has to do with Amy not being the least bit curvy.  

I do think some people interchange curvy with heavy, overweight and plus-size. That's not what we're talking about.  There were a number of hosts who I think would have been better suited to host this show.

Hosts are schedule far in advance but the Q schedules shows far in advance so they knew what they were doing with this show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Hey everyone Alberti has presented women's fashions before in fact he was on Monday Night Fashions Night In for awhile when he was first hired way back around 2014 and he has hosted both womens fashions and beauty products as well..............

Shucks, @Spurt , I've seen him selling bras!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Shucks, @Spurt , I've seen him selling bras!

@febe1 

And so has Rick,  one time a host suddenly became ill and went home so Rick filled in as host for her bra show...he was professional and did a good job....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”