Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone decorated for Fall yet?

Yesterday, I did my fall and halloween things.  I don't do a lot for halloween but I really love all the decorations for this time of the year!  DH thought I was a tad early but I was in the mood and had the time so I thought -- why not?

I have not purchased my pumpkins and gourds yet as I do think it's a bit early for them.  I don't want them to rot before it's even halloween!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

We have a few small pumpkins that grew in the garden....after I get my mum plants, I am going to put those with it. Our garden is just about done for this year...

Honored Contributor

Since it's 2 days away from being official, I may do it later today.

Honored Contributor

I did it on Labor Day  - not too much, wreath, faux pumpkin, mums.

I should mention that the temps here are still rising into triple-digits, but I don't care... autumn makes me happy, even if it's just an illusion.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I took down my summer hydrangea wreath yesterday, put one of my two Fall wreaths on the front door, and put my flower pot light up pumpkin in the front window, but didn't light him.

Next step will be to put him on something to raise him to a better height, and add a couple more light ups in the front and back windows of the house.

We have a round mirror for over the fireplace, but it isn't hung yet, so if it gets there before Fall is over, I'll put a wreath on it too.

Respected Contributor

Wreaths are up, pumpkins are up, ghosts and witches are out. I have two big beautiful maples that are turning color. Yes I love fall and I'm really never done. Did I mention mums----maybe one more. 

Honored Contributor

I found a beautiful wool woven table scarf done in harvest colors in a gift shop last Friday and that got me in the mood to decorate. I put the scarf on the bar in my summer kitchen and arranged 3 pumpkins on it. I also placed a tall pewter candlestick at the far end of the bar with a buttercreme candle in it. My husband planted burnt orange and yellow mums outside.

Honored Contributor

No. It was 97 degrees here yesterday, so not really feeling fall at all. 

Honored Contributor

My fall "decorating" is done; the mums are out, I changed my seasonal flag, and the dining room tablecloth.   I can relax now.