Honored Contributor

Re: Will Life Ever Be the Same

@I am still oxox My Dear. We are Americans that have weathered the Great Plague, Pearl Harbor,  WW 1 and WW II.  Those before us have planted Victory Gardens, fought small pox,  TB, 9/11, and countless other tradgies 

We are strong and hold on.  I look at them and it is truly humbling. 

I don't plan on backing down.  All we have to do is wear a mask and hold our breath for a day.  

Respected Contributor

I think this interlude is a time to strip off some of the extras we thought were necessary and to fine tune what is really important to us.

Entering retirement is a good time to do that.  I never met a retirement that was all as expected.

Honored Contributor

No, I do not think anyone who comes out on the other side of this pandemic will ever look at their life as being the same.   We will all be forever changed in some way.   

My life has always been full of uncertainty and change; I have learned to focus on what comes into my corner of the world and affects my family.   I fix what can be fixed, change what can be changed, and adapt to all that is bigger than me.   

2019 was spent healing my husband after an amputation; a journey that took 364 days from start to finish.   We experienced the lowest of lows and came thru intact.   I do strive to walk my faith, but felt tested last year when I knew this wasn’t Hell, but surely thought I could see it from here.   I prayed harder, I tried harder, and I left no room for fear to enter and break my spirit.   

No, 2020 is not likely to be one of the favorite years of my life.   I lost one of my very best friends this month; sudden and totally unexpected death.   My husband lost his best friend this week; both services were private for family only.   We are sad for their families, but not grieving the blessing of eternal life for these special people.   

My focus will continue to be on the safety and health of my family.   As long as I wake up to a new day, I tackle the challenges in front of me and give it my very best.   I am enjoying this time with my family and really don't feel like we are missing out on anything.   

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox I am sorry you are sad today.  Congratulations on your husband's upcoming retirement.  It is truly a blessing to achieve this milestone in good health.  i am glad that you recovered  from the health crisis you experienced earlier this year.  Now the near term is certainly going to very different from what we envisioned prior to this pandemic.  Remain hopeful that a vaccine will be created in the not to distant future that will allow  us to enjoy more of our previous experiences in the new normal.  In the meantime, prayers for peace and strength.  Take one day at a time.  We are here if you need us.

Honored Contributor

Well I"m certainly not impressed with 2020 so far.

D- Needs improvement. Must try harder.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

Yikes.  Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring.  Be grateful that you are upright, no boo hooing allowed. Life is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I know that life isn't always beautiful,

but for those we love, as my daughter says, we can be there for each other in our joys and sorrows.

And that makes life worth living to me.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

We are the Greatest country on earth...we Americans with get through this!

Honored Contributor

No

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My life will be what I make of it.  Don't choose to give up control of it, unless I don't know who I am anymore!!!  Nope, nada, ain't gonna happen.  Hang tight, ups and downs no doubt, onward and upward we go.