Respected Contributor

I may be in market for new washing machine.  Wondering how owners feel about the newer models of Speed Queen washing machines.  

Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 or Newer Speed Queen

Just got mine in February, I think you would be very happy with it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will be looking to see if you get a few responses.  My Maytag washer is 25 years old and still going strong.  I am sure that I will be in the market for a new one too.  I have liked my Maytag, but have heard that the new ones aren't as good.   Now I need to knock on wood. I have a top loading one & want another one just like it.

Honored Contributor

I replaced my 23 yr. old Maytag with the Speed Queen. I think it was a good choice, I also had heard negative things about the new Maytags.

Super Contributor

@Twins Mom Got the commercial model Speed Queen a few months ago. Had to wait until my 8 year old Maytag finally flooded my kicthen one too many times, and I LOVE it. It is quiet and washes like a dream. What a pleasure to have a washer just off the kitchen that does not shake, rattle and roll......ever. I think you will be totally amazed.

Respected Contributor

I just bought a new Maytag. I’ve been going to a laundromat for years before this. The commercial laundries I’ve used have always either had Maytags or Speed Queens.
Respected Contributor

@RetRN 

When did you purchase?  Do you use various cycles?

Frequent Contributor

I  just had my 7 year old Kenmore washing machine repaired AGAIN.   The repairman said if I decided to go with a new washing machine the next time mine has issues (so far,  he has repaired it 3 years straight),  to buy a Speed Queen.  He repairs them all,   and he said the Speed Queen is by far the best on the market.  The next time my washer goes on the blink.........I am getting a new Speed Queen.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@RetRN 

When did you purchase?  Do you use various cycles?

@Twins Mom I'm her neighbor and went along in February when she bought her set because I thought I might need to replace mine soon. The sales lady showed us all the cycles but said many people use the most basic cycle (it might be called eco if I recall correctly). Those Speed Queen washers sure are heavy compared to other models. I ended up having my Whirlpool repaired for $194 so I never did buy a new set. Just because of the five year warranty (one model had eight years), I'd probably buy Speed Queen next time.

Honored Contributor

got ours last year.....2019 model.

could not be happier with it. love the top loading washing machine, love that i can adjust the water level. love the dryer and it works well. really appreciate the 7 year warranty on the set that we purchased. easy to use and relatively quiet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein