Honored Contributor

Re: Will Life Ever Be the Same

Thank you all

I witnessed a wonderful display of gratitude tonight, I live in a pretty small town, aT 7 PM  we all "gathered' either in out windows or on the streets to bang pots and pans in gratitude to the first responders. Our local police and and ambulances, drove down our streets with sirens and horns blaring, it was a very touching experience.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

To those who have mentioned their continuing health concerns, I am truly humbled by your positive attitudes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

What a great question.  Each generation has had to face their own devastating events:  Wars, more wars, near wars, plagues, HIV, polio, measles, TB, influenzas, the Depression, banks folding, fortunes lost, loss of loved ones.   All crippling in different ways.  

This isn't the first instance where social distancing is a prerequisite for survival.  There have been plagues before and possibly  in the future.  Perhaps our carelessness with the planet may have released viruses never seen before, hopefully mankind will wake up and take responsibility for these shortcomings and wise up.  One can only hope that life will not be the same again, but better than it was before because humanity needs to learn to make it better.

The temporary loss of socializing, parties, sports is something we can just be adults about and be grateful if we can stay well and rebuild.

There's nothing more natural than problem-causing viruses/bacteria, mercury in the oceans and so on.  See the table of elements.  We know for a fact that the planet spits out more crud into the air and water than all of mankind, and yet we go forth.

What we're learning is that living in cramped conditions makes it easy to spread (apartments to mass transit), and it seems that untold millions probably had it with no symptoms.  I can't recall any disease where 85%, or more, zip right through it, and multiple treatments were developed early on. 

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  Bless your heart! I am so sorry to read that you have had so much adversity in your life during this past year. Under the best circumstances, these things would be difficult to endure, and these are certainly not the best of circumstances. 

I can certainly understand your angst, and have pondered the same things on occasion, but life can never be as it once was. The world has changed indelibly, and so must our perceptions. Once the dust settles, many things will change for the better.🤗

Your tag-line resonated with me after reading your post. "Stop being afraid about what could go wrong, and start being positive about what could go right". Those words carry great strength, and are a welcome reminder to us all.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

@I am still oxox ,

Look at the first paragraph you wrote.  Retirement (for most) is an exciting time to look foward to!

Trusted Contributor

Our previous life will be a by-gone era.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

There's nothing more natural than problem-causing viruses/bacteria, mercury in the oceans and so on.  See the table of elements.  We know for a fact that the planet spits out more crud into the air and water than all of mankind, and yet we go forth.

What we're learning is that living in cramped conditions makes it easy to spread (apartments to mass transit), and it seems that untold millions probably had it with no symptoms.  I can't recall any disease where 85%, or more, zip right through it, and multiple treatments were developed early on. 

@Blahblahvampemer 

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”

Isaac Asimov

I believe in Science and Facts.  ~ nothing follows ~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  Im sorry you're feeling this way. I can tell you that you are not alone. This is a tough one for ALL of us but it is SO much bigger than just your problems or mine. This whole world needs to go through something like this together and it looks bad right now on the surface but believe me, there is some major growth happening which may benefit all of us. I know that doesnt make sense but when you step outside of yourself and see that its part of a transformation the world really needed.

Just to share with you a lil about my situation... Ive actually been living very much like this for the past two years or so... long story but it was a really tough time for me and I decided to socially distanced myself from everyone because for me it was important that I heal. On top of that, we've been crammed in a small apartment for the past year because we were planning to move this year way back in January. Ive posted here about my frustrations on that part. We've been living out of a suitcase for a year as all our stuff is in a storage. My DH has been waiting on a job offer which has now come to a halt. So, as of now I feel like we've been waiting in a plane for 2 years to take off but its not. I feel like now the entire world is experiencing what ive been living like but without the gloves and all.... lol 

May I suggest that you take the time to appreciate the little simple things in life. For example the fact that you are in your own home and have your own things. You are now healthy and have recovered. Your DH is ther with you. You get to spend more time with your DH since he's home now. The fact that you can be out in your garden and relax in the sun. Maybe if we look at just the little things that make such a big difference in our lives, we'd be much happier. Bad year it may be but we can try to do the same. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

What a great question.  Each generation has had to face their own devastating events:  Wars, more wars, near wars, plagues, HIV, polio, measles, TB, influenzas, the Depression, banks folding, fortunes lost, loss of loved ones.   All crippling in different ways.  

This isn't the first instance where social distancing is a prerequisite for survival.  There have been plagues before and possibly  in the future.  Perhaps our carelessness with the planet may have released viruses never seen before, hopefully mankind will wake up and take responsibility for these shortcomings and wise up.  One can only hope that life will not be the same again, but better than it was before because humanity needs to learn to make it better.

The temporary loss of socializing, parties, sports is something we can just be adults about and be grateful if we can stay well and rebuild.

Your first paragraph, @Blahblahvampemer, is pointedly controversial in response to a very common sentiment expressed by @RoughDraft.

The OP is expressing her anxiety and looking for advice on how to stay as even-keeled as possible in the face of this crisis probably more than she needs didactics right now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@morganjen 

I am really sorry you feel that way,my depression was a passing thing, I have a nice life and hope that the best parts of it still exist when this crisis is over

@morganjen wrote:

Our previous life will be a by-gone era.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.