Trusted Contributor

Re: Will Life Ever Be the Same

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

🥰 @KatieB 

@KatieB  So sorry. My error - wrong thread. I forgot to delete it and now I can't. My apologies.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

On new years eve I remember thinking what a great year it was going to be!!  I was so optimistic and positive about the upcoming year...how could I have been so wrong?  No one knew what was to be ahead.

I have mourned and will probably continue to do so the lovely time I used to have socializing with friends and family.  I mourn the simple freedoms we had.  Like most of us I don't like being forced to stay in.  I mourn for those who I don't know who have lost their lives and are devastated financially....and for that reason I feel lucky.

I try to remain positive and know that at some point into the future things will get better...I just pray that they don't get too much worse before that.

I understand how you feel...I have had my share of down and depressed feelings over the last several weeks. To get through it  I tell myself that right now I still have a lot.  Many don't....it will get better it's just a matter of when.

Trusted Contributor

This has got to be the mother of all who knews. I was watching an author talk on C-Span. My big take away was how the audience were jammed in there like cattle. Elbow to elbow, a total miasma of questionable breath exhalations just washing over the whole room, bouncing off the walls and coming right back at ya. And they were cheerful and happy as clams. It hits me with a jolt sometimes how short a period of time we've been living like this. I think when the children of today become grandparents, their grandchildren will complain about how grams makes them wash their hands like crazy. And they will be told to put up with it, because grams lived through the Great Pandemic of 2020.
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to see this like 9/11

Life was never really the same after that. So many security things changed, but they seem normal now. So much of our innocence was lost in the way we look around at potential terror situations, but that seems to be normal now. 

I feel like we will be a long time before we feel comfortable just reaching out and hugging an old friend we run into at the grocery store. We are going to obsess over that new baby that arrives this fall, and wonder just who should be handling it, how and where. 

And even if they get a vaccine, the whole world takes it and this goes into the history books, we all will now know what is possible. There really hadn't been such a wide spread pandemic in over 100 years, and not much of anyone still alive that had any memories of just what it was like. 

Many serious things change our lives. The bombing of Pearl Harbor and WWII, the horrors of any war, the change in society where mass shootings seem routine, a pandemic. It all seems overwhelming in the middle of it, or at times when it all seems to pile on. 

There will be a new normal, it just seem so far away right now.

Super Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:
This has got to be the mother of all who knews. I was watching an author talk on C-Span. My big take away was how the audience were jammed in there like cattle. Elbow to elbow, a total miasma of questionable breath exhalations just washing over the whole room, bouncing off the walls and coming right back at ya. And they were cheerful and happy as clams. It hits me with a jolt sometimes how short a period of time we've been living like this. I think when the children of today become grandparents, their grandchildren will complain about how grams makes them wash their hands like crazy. And they will be told to put up with it, because grams lived through the Great Pandemic of 2020.

Ha!  Smiley Very Happy  So true!  I just got a "flash vision" of the future, me nagging the grandchildren to wash their hands"!  Thanks for the giggle!

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

It will be individual and will depend on where a person is in life, what they lose and if they can recover from those losses. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@KatieB 

She is sending you love as a comment to your post

@KatieB wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

🥰 @KatieB 

@Mimi 1883   I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

@I am still oxox   Okay, thank you.  With just my name there and what appeared to be a tiny box, I didn't know what it was supposed to mean.

And after all of that, I find out the poster posted the comment whatever it was by mistake...  What a mess..

Honored Contributor

Will life ever be the same again?  I'm not so sure. When I think of how things were going before Covid 19 in our country and how divided we were and still seem to be....I have to wonder.  I still have hope, but I still believe that '"united we stand, divided we fall".  Hopefully we will learn enough from this to see that.

Honored Contributor

I really hope I'm wrong, but I feel like life will never get back to normal (there will be a time before the virus and after). I hate to think we will have to wear masks, keep our distance from one another, not be able to come together for celebrations, it's no way to live.

Super Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

2020 was supposed to be a great year, we are both turning 65 and my DH is reitiring.

Monday will start the 6th week that my husband will be working at home, he has 9 more days until he retires from a job that he spent 29/12 years at, when we met he had only been at his job for 8 weeks. We are hoping to get back to his office sometime this Summer to say good bye to so many people he has worked with for so long.

2020 has been a horrible year I started out with double pneumonia and flu B, I spent 8 days in isolation, it took me 8 weeks to get back to my self.

In mid Feb my brother lost one of his best friends, they had been friends since they were 13 and my bother is now 62.

Now we are facing a world a situation like never before, people are sick and dying around us.

How can life ever return to what is was, will we ever be able to sit across the table from some one, get a hair cut, get a manicure, how different will life be and how long will it before we have any normalcy in our lives. I am just so sad tonight, I do not think my mind comprehends what is going on, I live from day to day, not knowing what tomorrow will be.

@I am still oxox wrote:

2020 was supposed to be a great year, we are both turning 65 and my DH is reitiring.

Monday will start the 6th week that my husband will be working at home, he has 9 more days until he retires from a job that he spent 29/12 years at, when we met he had only been at his job for 8 weeks. We are hoping to get back to his office sometime this Summer to say good bye to so many people he has worked with for so long.

2020 has been a horrible year I started out with double pneumonia and flu B, I spent 8 days in isolation, it took me 8 weeks to get back to my self.

In mid Feb my brother lost one of his best friends, they had been friends since they were 13 and my bother is now 62.

Now we are facing a world a situation like never before, people are sick and dying around us.

How can life ever return to what is was, will we ever be able to sit across the table from some one, get a hair cut, get a manicure, how different will life be and how long will it before we have any normalcy in our lives. I am just so sad tonight, I do not think my mind comprehends what is going on, I live from day to day, not knowing what tomorrow will be.

I  know exactly how you feel because there has been so much speculation on the outcome of this.  I focus on being positive and taking one day at a time.  Here in NYS, we were one of the hardest hit but I feel Gov. Cuomo is proceeding with caution and has a good handle on it.  Try to grocery shop at one store and always wear a mask and gloves.  I pray every day that our lives, as we know them, will return to normal soon.