Esteemed Contributor

@OhioAngel wrote:

I read an article online about another round of shortages!! once everyone knows that will make it worse.

I just googled and couldn't find any recent articles warning of another round of shortages.  @OhioAngel  Would you mind telling me where to find the article you read?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@OhioAngel wrote:

I read an article online about another round of shortages!! once everyone knows that will make it worse.

I just googled and couldn't find any recent articles warning of another round of shortages.  @OhioAngel  Would you mind telling me where to find the article you read?

@shoesnbags, I think I posted previously on this thread that CNN had a report about the shortage of PT.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@suzyQ3   You are correct.  IDK why I said that. I do know that some business had trouble with employees getting in to warehouses   But

it  was fires, not protests.  My mind is fried now  i really have been grieving about RBG.  

I'm right there with you, @shoekitty. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shortages again?

[ Edited ]

Thanks @suzyQ3 .  Heading over to CNN right now.

ETA I just looked at the article, and it turns out I did actually read it a week ago. It was talking about why there are still paper towels shortages.  I was concerned about statements on this thread that there would be more shortages to come.  We have been well stocked with paper parducts in my area for months now, and I was afraid that this pleasant state of affairs was about to end. I have some extra at this point, but don't to add to the problem by hoarding. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I was in IGA this morning and while I found everything on my list, some items are still hit and miss.   Casserole ingredients, dry Ranch mix, bbq sauce, Hellman's mayo, canned beans and vegetables, cake mixes, koolaid, along with liquid hand soap, and dog food are some of the items that may or may not be on the shelf from one shopping trip to the next.   

Bleach is plentiful, but bleach cleaners and wipes haven't been on the shelf since March.   Limited Charmin and Cottonelle, but lots of cheap paper towels and toilet paper.   

I continue to buy the same basic items on every grocery run, as I do expect issues in the next few months.   

Honored Contributor

The day this all started my Walgreens had a table for seniors showing Clorox Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, etc.  I wish I had realized the ominous future that foretold.  I figured I'll get my Clorox wipes where I normally do, much cheaper.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I haven't seen a package anywhere in six months.  I'm down to my last container right now.

Super Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I haven't seen a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the shelves in any stores in months.

Yeah, same here in KY.  What's up with that?  A bottle of alcohol usually lasts me several years and now that I'm running out, I can't find it anywhere, even on line.  Well, that's not true.  I did find someone selling it by the gallon, but no thanks.  Oh, well, I guess I can pour a little peroxide over my earring posts to disinfect them. 

Stores really are running out of the weirdest things though, some of which have been mentioned here.  My latest observation:  Classico Alfredo Sauce.  Nowhere to be seen!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Thanks @suzyQ3 .  Heading over to CNN right now.

ETA I just looked at the article, and it turns out I did actually read it a week ago. It was talking about why there are still paper towels shortages.  I was concerned about statements on this thread that there would be more shortages to come.  We have been well stocked with paper parducts in my area for months now, and I was afraid that this pleasant state of affairs was about to end. I have some extra at this point, but don't to add to the problem by hoarding. 

@shoesnbags, oh, okay. I think, though, that many may want to know that PT might be difficult to come by, at least in some areas. I can find it online, but I think the prices are higher than usual.

I won't be buying any for quite a while, as we stocked up early in the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

The day this all started my Walgreens had a table for seniors showing Clorox Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, etc.  I wish I had realized the ominous future that foretold.  I figured I'll get my Clorox wipes where I normally do, much cheaper.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I haven't seen a package anywhere in six months.  I'm down to my last container right now.

It seems that Clorox (or other brands like Lysol and some house brands) are hit and miss most places, some places more miss than hit. 

I have found them intermittently this entire time. Here are my tips, not sure if it will help anyone. 

Check online at Sam's, Walmart, Amazon, Costco every day when you're online for other things. I have found them that way several times. 

Dollar General has had them coming in on a regular basis, but you have to find out when the truck comes in and get there that day. I would say I have found them in our closest DG stores at least a dozen times since this started, but I go the day they stock the truck. Some times it's Clorox, sometimes Lysol, and a lot of the time their own brand.

I've found Clorox brand and Sam's brand at Sam's Club at least 7 different times (in store). I try to run into Sam's as soon as they open (I have PLUS membership and they are now opening at 7 am again) any time I'm in town. I've had really good luck doing this.

We buy for three households and my husband's work, and so it has been an ongoing battle to search and find these, but even my Meijer store has had them in small canisters at least a half a dozen times. Again, we go shopping very early, 7 am.

Every place is a limit one, and I prefer to find them at Sam's, cause there is four or five big tubs in the package and goes much farther. 

Hope that might help some find wipes.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio    I thought it was just Clorox and/or Lysol brand wipes were effective as opposed to store brand and/or (e.g.) 7th Generation wipes.

I use the Clorox and Lysol wipes for things I want immediately wiped down to disinfect, but use the other ones for things I want to wipe down, but won't be using/opening/touching for days (or weeks).

I have a source for getting the Clorox/Lysol wipes, but still use them incredibly sparingly.  I have never seen one tub on the shelves since mid March.

The store brands or others like the 7th Generation, I do see and pick them up every time.  As long as they are made in this country. 

It's amazing where some of these wipes and hand sanitizers are coming from nowadays....China, Korea, Turkey and I refuse to purchase them.

I have many bottles of Clorox sprays and if it comes to making my own wipes, I will.  I also have many alcohol gels and sprays that I can use, too.