Honored Contributor

I am wondering why my Mail Carrier is not wearing a mask when all people in NY are under a mask mandate?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mail Carrier without Mask

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am wondering why my Mail Carrier is not wearing a mask when all people in NY are under a mask mandate?

You can ask him.

My mail carrier doesn't wear one but he drives a mail truck around and is by himself putting the mail into the individual boxes by the street.

Respected Contributor

I have seen my carrier not wearing a mask too.  However, we have an outdoor community mailbox and he drives up to the box and then leaves, so it's not like he's walking up to each house delivering the mail.

I'm just glad I'm getting packages from my mail carrier.  I've had QVC packages sit in the post office for 2 weeks waiting to be delivered and then other packages at my local post office and then redirected all over the country and then back to my local office before it gets to my house. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Mine does not.  He's outside and does not come in contact with anything but the mailbox.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

What was that person's answer when you asked them?  I could say: "beats me"!  

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Does this apply?

Who must wear a face covering?
New York State (NYS) law requires everyone over age 2 who can medically tolerate a face covering to wear one when in public if unable to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. Examples include walking on a busy street, shopping in stores, seeing your doctor, dining at a restaurant (when not eating or drinking), going to your place of worship or attending a gathering. You must wear a face covering at all times when riding public transportation, such as the subway, ferry, bus, taxis and car services. We strongly recommend you wear a face covering as much as possible when in a shared indoor space outside your home, such as places of worship and offices, even if you can maintain 6 feet of distance from others.

~Please do your part. Wear a mask, observe social distancing, wash hands. It is patriotic, and the right thing to do.~😷🇺🇸

Esteemed Contributor

No requirement for a mask unless the carrier goes into a building or is within 6 feet of others per the NYS mandate.

Respected Contributor

It's a good idea to familiarize your self with your area's mandate. Saves some worry.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

My mail carrier, UPS delivery person, and FedEx delivery folks do not wear masks. The latter two carriers rarely interact with me unless they are unsure of something related to my delivery.  (They usually throw my packages at my door and leave.) My Mail carrier always knocks and directly hands me my many packages each week-- often after 7:00 p.m. ( I am one of the last houses on his very large route.) I just accept the package(s), wash my hands, and move on. Amazon Prime folks in their little white vehicles sometimes wear masks in my area.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Why not ask him instead of people on this board who wouldn't know?