Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

The Sun actually travels through 13 constellations, not 12, and the Moon's gravitional pull has shifted the Alignment of Stars since 3000 BCE. 

But - Western astrology is not determined on where the constellations are located today.  This phenomena of "the signs" of the zodiac no longer matching constellations is known as "the precession of the equinoxes".  Not going by the constellations has preserved the meaning of the original position of the zodiac. 

Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Thanks for that info @GrailSeeker - hadn't heard about the 10 degrees thing. So another question, what if someone is born premature? Like weeks. As in would've been a different sign. Does that have an affect or do you strictly go by the actual birthday?

Well, of course, a pre-mature birth does affect a person's first moments of life in real life. Early life challenges might even be shown in the horoscope.  Yes, you still go strictly by the actual date, time, and location.

These things were all considered to be governed by God (or the gods) so the timing is always perfect.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I only consider some traits you get from your sign.  I am on the cusps so my sign can get confusing.  I do not follow the Zodiac religiously.

I don't either, but it was just something I always wanted to know more about since about age 13 when that song Age of Aquarius came out.  Astrology was real popular around then, but nobody knew that much about it.  It was once considered a "sacred science".

Trusted Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I always wondered about c-section and you didn’t choose when you were born. I’m guessing people will say it doesn’t matter but……🤷🏻‍♀️

😂

But it does matter and induction or c-section has real life consequences, such as how well does the mother feel after birth, which of course does affect her relationship with the baby.  And again, maybe that is shown in that particular birth chart - i. e. difficulties with mother, for example. 

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Sorry, I still think it is hippy dippy nonsense.

Sorta, maybe, yeah.  There are some genius people out there who really get into it.  I would compare it to psychology, which is also more of an art than a science.  Kinda like that.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?

Heavens no.

Sure, some people do.  Oh you better believe it.  It's ok though it does no harm @qualitygal .  

I personally think that when Mercury is in retrograde it affects our ability to communicate.  Of course that's because I'm open to believing it.......

I've seen it, too; or at least we are more aware of it, but oh boy, when Mercury is retrograde!

Of course we do know that we are affected by sun spots, the moon's tides, full moon craziness! The seasons, and growing times, winter time as time of death, spring as growth and renewal.  Reliable as clock work, though each year is different from the last. Stuff like that we readily accept.

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I was to be born in early April, but was born in early Feb. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

No, only that you started out life on earth a little behind others who were full term.  You most likely caught up, but with children, a few months can make a huge difference.

Respected Contributor

Re: Question - Zodiac Signs

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - It's like anything else in life.  The "horoscopes" that you read in daily papers are meaningless.  Half the time they're just written by someone assigned to the task, with little or no qualifications.

To be of any use, it must be more personalized and in-depth.

I certainly believe that the time and place we were born influences our life, but that's JMO.

Here is a tip about reading newspaper horoscopes.  Read for your rising time.  For me, my rising sign is Scorpio and my sun sign is Aquarius.  If I read the horoscope for my rising sign Scorpio instead my sun sign Aquarius, the "house" position for the is corrected.  "Houses" tell what area of your life is being impacted by a planetary influence on a certain day, and the "Houses" are correctly determined by your rising sign, not the sign the sun was in when you were born.

@GrailSeeker    It is fascinating but, for me, very confusing - especially the impact of the "houses," & because it is so detailed, It's comparable to rolling dice.

Respected Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Thanks for that info @GrailSeeker - hadn't heard about the 10 degrees thing. So another question, what if someone is born premature? Like weeks. As in would've been a different sign. Does that have an affect or do you strictly go by the actual birthday?

Well, of course, a pre-mature birth does affect a person's first moments of life in real life. Early life challenges might even be shown in the horoscope.  Yes, you still go strictly by the actual date, time, and location.

These things were all considered to be governed by God (or the gods) so the timing is always perfect.

I didn't explain myself very well but you did answer my question. Thanks for the reply and the info you've shared in this thread. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Question - Zodiac Signs

[ Edited ]

I'm a Capricorn 12-23. My husband was a Libra 10-20.  Don't think we were compatible.  One I'm really compatible with is people born in May.

One of my sisters was born May 19th forget what sign that is, but, we get along.  The other sister was born 3-9th can't stand her half the time

ROFL