Honored Contributor

I've been on Medicare for some time and was never charged a co-pay.  Today I had to had blood work done.  I do this every week.  Went today and they said I owed a co-pay of $25.  I asked her why because I never paid a copay before, not any of the previous times and there have been MANY.  All she kept saying was "things change."  I get so confused with all this health insurance stuff.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 - what Medicare coverage do you have?

Traditional Medicare plus a supplement like F, G or N?

Or do you have a Medicare Advantage Plan instead of traditional Medicare and a supplement?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@rms1954 - what Medicare coverage do you have?

Traditional Medicare plus a supplement like F, G or N?

Or do you have a Medicare Advantage Plan instead of traditional Medicare and a supplement?

Traditional Medicare.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 

Do you have a supplemental plan along with traditional Medicare?

Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

@rms1954 

No supplement.  Just traditional.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

@rms1954 

@rms1954 - if you have only Medicare A and B, with no supplemental coverage at all, Medicare pays 80% and you are responsible for the rest, the remaining 20%.  Are you sure that is what you have?  That doesn't sound right to me.  Are you sure you don't have an Advantage Plan?

When you go to the doctor, which card do you give them?

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

@rms1954 

@rms1954 - if you have only Medicare A and B, with no supplemental coverage at all, Medicare pays 80% and you are responsible for the rest, the remaining 20%.  Are you sure that is what you have?  That doesn't sound right to me.  Are you sure you don't have an Advantage Plan?

I don't need to show my card cuz my info is in the computer.  This has never come up before.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

@rms1954 

I don't need to show my card cuz my info is in the computer.  This has never come up before.

@rms1954 - ok, I'm really trying to help you here.  If you were to go to a new doctor, for the first time, what card would you give that doctor?

Re: Medicare Question

[ Edited ]

Allsoftgo’s healthcare software development team integrates mobile devices and web utilities to deliver superior healthcare solutions for healthcare professionals, hospitals and others associated with the healthcare industry. The solutions we create with the latest IT technologies are designed to simplify the operation process and increase productivity

Allsoftgo provides full-cycle from pre-development consulting to after-delivery consulting. We guarantee a smooth operation of the application and perfect fit with the existing operations.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

@rms1954 

@rms1954 - ok, I'm really trying to help you here.  If you were to go to a new doctor, for the first time, what card would you give that doctor?

My Medicare card.