Respected Contributor

I've never paid much attention to zodiac signs but just thought of a question. If a person's birthday is in the middle of the time frame*, are they a 'strong' whatever (cancer, leo, etc) and the closer you get to the edge of the time frame, they're a 'softer' version of that sign? Just curious as this thought just came to mind.

*20th - 20th (approx)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question - Zodiac Signs

[ Edited ]

The answer is yes, and the reason is that the 30 degrees of each sign is divided into 3 groups of 10 degrees, called "decans".  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decan_(astrology)#:~:text=In%20astrology%2C%20a%20decan%20is,periods%2....

Real astrology is much more intricate than typical sun-sign horoscopes and all the planets and which signs they occupy are taken in to consideration, along with the sign rising on the horizon at your time of birth.

For example, my sun-sign of Aquarius might be of a stronger nature because I am in the 13 degree of Aquarius, pretty much right in the middle of the sign.  Plus, my personality is influenced by having Scorpio rising, the Moon in Gemini, Mars in Aries, Venus in Sagittarius, Jupiter in Cancer, etc.  Your exact date, location and time of birth are crucial for casting an accurate horoscope - especially that elusive exact time of birth.

I studied astrology indepth for a few years and only feel I have a slightly better than amateur understanding of it. I couldn't believe how complicated it can be, but it can be a useful tool for self-analysis and amazingly accurate at times.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker  We share the same birth date. I was born at 8:05 AM in Omaha, NE in 1948 (gulp). What can you tell about my time, location and date out of curiousity, please?

ETA: I've never asked anyone about this before! Sorry, but the link is like Greek to me or I have a very slow learning curve. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker This is SO SO  true! My son was born on 5/20 and i always thought he was a Taurus based on the sunsign, however when I did his birthchart, he actually falls into Gemini , which explained soooo much LOL 

Honored Contributor

Don't know, but I'm a Libra.  The scales.  I've dieted all my grown days, so that much was right. Aahahahahahahahaha.

Honored Contributor

I don't like my sign Cancer. I won't wear charms or other items with Cancer emblassened on them. For a while I think they changed it or called it "Moon Child" which was certainly more appealing.

Honored Contributor

I had both sons born in june ,3 years apart, 3 days apart,  they were nothing alike, i always wondered why.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - It's like anything else in life.  The "horoscopes" that you read in daily papers are meaningless.  Half the time they're just written by someone assigned to the task, with little or no qualifications.

To be of any use, it must be more personalized and in-depth.

I certainly believe that the time and place we were born influences our life, but that's JMO.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I doubt many people take the 2 line prediction in the daily paper as a serious commentary....not much better than believing in the paper fortune found in a Chinese fortune cookie.  Astrology is much more complex study.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?