Respected Contributor

The Sun actually travels through 13 constellations, not 12, and the Moon's gravitional pull has shifted the Alignment of Stars since 3000 BCE. 

Respected Contributor

The Secret Language of Birthdays can be fun -  thesecretlanguage dot com / app /

you can view your birthday or match relationships by birthday 

Respected Contributor

Re: Question - Zodiac Signs

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?

This isn't about newspaper horoscopes (which I've never bothered with). I'm not sure how much I'd put into astrology, however, if something helps people better understand themselves and others, that's a positive in my book.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for that info @GrailSeeker - hadn't heard about the 10 degrees thing. So another question, what if someone is born premature? Like weeks. As in would've been a different sign. Does that have an affect or do you strictly go by the actual birthday?

Honored Contributor

I only consider some traits you get from your sign.  I am on the cusps so my sign can get confusing.  I do not follow the Zodiac religiously.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
I always wondered about c-section and you didn’t choose when you were born. I’m guessing people will say it doesn’t matter but……🤷🏻‍♀️

😂
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I still think it is hippy dippy nonsense.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question - Zodiac Signs

[ Edited ]

I always thought this had to do with the mapping of a natal chart.  Date, time and location you were born.  Your moon sign, sun sign and the other signs that play a role in your personality.  I enjoy reading up on zodiac and personality traits of the zodiac, but surely there's nothing exact about it.  I've always found it very interesting though.

I have never thought that the closer you are to the beginning of your zodiac sign, middle, or end plays any role in how well your zodiac sign represents you.  It's about getting your natal chart done to determine which signs are in your houses of home, love, and whatever else in all the 12 houses of the zodiac chart.

Do you have all 12 houses in your birth chart?

At the moment you were born, the planets were all in specific signs and houses. When an astrologer interprets your chart, she blends the meaning of each planet, the house it’s in, and the sign it’s in, to map the obstacles or gifts you’ll face in this lifetime.

When planets visit any of the 12 houses, they light up those parts of your chart, and energize those house traits. Astrologers use the 12 houses to predict which parts of your life will come into focus, and where you can take the best possible action.

To learn more about a house, read about the them below. And yes, you have all 12 houses in your birth chart, everyone does, but you may not have a planet in each of them.

The 12 houses of the zodiac, defined

The first house begins at what would be 9:00 on a clock. From the first house’s “cusp” (or beginning border), we travel around the zodiac wheel in a counter-clockwise direction.

This counter-clockwise journey represents our soul’s evolution, from the individual (1st house) to the collective/greater society (12th house).

Houses 1-6 are the personal houses

The first six houses are called the personal houses. They rule our private and immediate lives: individuality, our daily environments, our siblings and peers, parents, and our at- tempts to define and express who we are. A person whose chart has lots of planets in the first six houses may have trouble leaving the nest, or may remain nostalgically loyal to childhood friends.

Houses 7-12 are the interpersonal houses

The seventh through the twelfth houses are the interpersonal houses. They govern relationships, joint ventures, travel, career, society, spirituality and even our transition at the end of life. Someone with a lot of planets in the later houses might be very career focused, perhaps leaving the past behind and growing closer to friends made in adulthood. 

What signs rule what houses?

Keep in mind you won't know which signs are in your houses unless you have your birth chart done (natal).

Great topic.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia The daily horoscope has nothing to do with astrology in and of itself.  Astrology deals with the planets that are supposed to affect our personality based on when and where we were born.  Astrology is true science, however no Science is exact.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?

Heavens no.