Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Venezia The daily horoscope has nothing to do with astrology in and of itself.  Astrology deals with the planets that are supposed to affect our personality based on when and where we were born.  Astrology is true science, however no Science is exact.

@gertrudecloset - I'm very well aware of that.  I've had a lifelong interest in astrology and have gone into much greater depth for my own chart.

However, when DH and I go to breakfast, we always read the horoscope in the newspaper just for a laugh.

We particularly love the ones that tell us we're going to come into some money!  (Still waiting for that to happen.)  Woman Wink

I hear ya @Venezia .  I too have always had an interest in Astrology.  Not so much my Horoscope.  I don't read them.  There was a website I used to read once in a blue moon that would tell you the kinds of things you could look out for month by month.  I have long since stopped reading it.

Enjoy!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@GrailSeeker sometimes I can tell when it's in retrograde before checking to make sure.  Things just go awry with decision making and communication during the retrograde.  At least that has been true for me.

Thanks for sharing what you know!

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud    As Grail Seeker replied to your post, I agree with all that she said about the traits of a sun sign being stronger in the middle of that sign. I would also like to add that you can also have some traits of the sign before your sun sign or after your sun sign, depending on which one you are closer to on your chart.

Astrology is so much more than sun signs. The sign on the horizon at the time of birth is your ascending sign and placement of the moon is also a factor. Then you have the placement of all the planets and the houses that they appear in and their aspects to each other.

It can get very complex and confusing. I have had a great interest in astrology since I was about 12-13 years old. I have quite a few books and taught myself how to do charts . I also

have taken classes in astrology.

Before the internet, I had four books including an ephemeris that I worked from to map a chart. Now, you can get all the information on the internet.

I find it to be very interesting. I have read that "Astrology is the father of Astronomy". I have also read that the "Three Kings" of the Nativity were astrologers. That was why they followed the star. It is a very old science or art.

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset   Like you, many times I can tell that Mercury is

in retrograde, by what is happening. There will be miscommunications, missed appointments and sometimes

mechanical or electronic problems.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE   Of course, astrology is more than sun signs. But, my birthday is May 11th and I am a Taurus and I get along with the Capricorns in my family and a best friend is Capricorn sun sign.

It is interesting about you and your sister. My Capricorn daughter and my daughter born in March have never gotten along well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@gertrudecloset   Like you, many times I can tell that Mercury is

in retrograde, by what is happening. There will be miscommunications, missed appointments and sometimes

mechanical or electronic problems.

I know that's right @Enufstuff !  The thing about it too is that the effects of the retrograde last for a little while even after Mercury returns to its usual position.  Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud    As Grail Seeker replied to your post, I agree with all that she said about the traits of a sun sign being stronger in the middle of that sign. I would also like to add that you can also have some traits of the sign before your sun sign or after your sun sign, depending on which one you are closer to on your chart.

Astrology is so much more than sun signs. The sign on the horizon at the time of birth is your ascending sign and placement of the moon is also a factor. Then you have the placement of all the planets and the houses that they appear in and their aspects to each other.

It can get very complex and confusing. I have had a great interest in astrology since I was about 12-13 years old. I have quite a few books and taught myself how to do charts . I also

have taken classes in astrology.

Before the internet, I had four books including an ephemeris that I worked from to map a chart. Now, you can get all the information on the internet.

I find it to be very interesting. I have read that "Astrology is the father of Astronomy". I have also read that the "Three Kings" of the Nativity were astrologers. That was why they followed the star. It is a very old science or art.

I agree that astrology gave birth to the physical science of astronomy and that the Three Kings in the Bible were astrologers. 

The well known Bible scholar Bart Ehrman used to laugh about the description of the Magi following the Star, and how the Star moved forward and backward, finally coming to rest over the manger. 

I replied to him on his blog that a star can indeed appear to move forward and backward on paper due to the phemonema of a retrograde planet. Oh!  The ancients knew all about how the planets moved very early on. 

Of course the planet, or wandering star, is not really moving backwards, it only appears to be moving backwards because of a faster planet moving past it- the way scenery appears to be moving backwards when traveling in a fast car.  It's all going backwards -  by appearance.

I've followed Dr. Ehrman for close to 40 years now, starting with his first TV appearances on the History Channel and his first books, and don't see him making jokes about the star of Magi moving backwards in the last few years.  I told him, you have to study astrology to understand this, and since he never had, he didn't understand it. 

Astrology can incorporate a good knowledge of the Bible - re: the Book of Daniel, where it is written that Daniel studied under the Chaldeans who were court astrologers, and the non-cannonical Book of Enoch that is referred to by other Biblical authors and of which most of them had knowledge of.  The Book of Enoch was recovered in full when it was found among the Dead Sea Scrolls (google Dr. Michael Heiser for his You Tube videos explaining how important the Book of Enoch was).

A knowledge of what the "firmament" is, mentioned in Genesis, tells us how the sun and the moon mark the times and seasons, and that the canopy of the heavens was thought of as a solid cap above the earth, with the stars being living beings who inhabited and traveled the heavens.  That explains why the planets are named for ancient gods.

It's all very fascinating to me because it incorporates all world religions by showing we have one constant thing in common all over the world, the night sky above us.

Super Contributor

@GrailSeeker - We actually entered into the Age of Aquarius in 2021

Respected Contributor

@wifey2qtI remember that song.

If This is the Age of Aquarius,  We've been FLIMFLAMMED!