Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?

Heavens no.

Sure, some people do.  Oh you better believe it.  It's ok though it does no harm @qualitygal .  

I personally think that when Mercury is in retrograde it affects our ability to communicate.  Of course that's because I'm open to believing it.......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   No offense meant, just for me, it's a no to that one question.  What didn't print was what I went back and added, and that was if you want to talk Bigfoot, UFO's and Aliens, let's talk.  See, each to his/her own.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@gertrudecloset   No offense meant, just for me, it's a no to that one question.  What didn't print was what I went back and added, and that was if you want to talk Bigfoot, UFO's and Aliens, let's talk.  See, each to his/her own.

Thanks for the clarity.  I thought you were speaking for people in general terms.  I didn't read it that you were speaking for yourself.  LOL.  No worries @qualitygal 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I was to be born in early April, but was born in early Feb. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Venezia The daily horoscope has nothing to do with astrology in and of itself.  Astrology deals with the planets that are supposed to affect our personality based on when and where we were born.  Astrology is true science, however no Science is exact.

@gertrudecloset - I'm very well aware of that.  I've had a lifelong interest in astrology and have gone into much greater depth for my own chart.

However, when DH and I go to breakfast, we always read the horoscope in the newspaper just for a laugh.

We particularly love the ones that tell us we're going to come into some money!  (Still waiting for that to happen.)  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I've had my chart done and there are several elements.  The only one I recall, outside of just the sign, is the rising sign.    I'm a Scorpio with a Scorpio rising and I forgot the rest of them (have to dig that out one day).

I'm very Scorpio, except for the fact that I am very much NOT creative.  Oddly, also the fact that I'm left-handed means I would be creative.  That's the only area where I vary.

Many years ago I bought this great book, the name of which I cannot remember because I can't find it.  It's a large hardcover book that goes deeply into all the signs.  I wish I could find it.   I think the word 'Birthday' is in the title (sorry so vague).

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@GrailSeeker  We share the same birth date. I was born at 8:05 AM in Omaha, NE in 1948 (gulp). What can you tell about my time, location and date out of curiousity, please?

ETA: I've never asked anyone about this before! Sorry, but the link is like Greek to me or I have a very slow learning curve. 

There is a website called astro.com (astrodienst) that is based in Sweden.  You can use their program for free.  Punch in the city of your birth, the day of your birth, and the time.  It will generate a few different reports that are calculated just for you.

Luckily for us oldies, time of birth was usually recorded on the birth certificate.  Not sure all hospitals do that anymore.

The time of birth will determine your rising sign which is the way others see you, and the "window" from which you see the world, "how it looks out there".  It will also determine the position of the moon which tells about the "emotional" side of you, and can also tell about your mother. The moon moves fast and can change time within hours, but with the time of birth, you know for sure what sign the moon is in.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't like my sign Cancer. I won't wear charms or other items with Cancer emblassened on them. For a while I think they changed it or called it "Moon Child" which was certainly more appealing.

The sign of Cancer has many good qualities, and those who are in the know astrology-wise have no animosity over it.  

The slower moving planets like Jupiter and Saturn are often in the same place for those born in the same year.  I, for instance, have Jupiter in Cancer, and it is a lucky placement.  Jupiter performs well in Cancer, i. e. it is "exalted".

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think I may have read the daily horoscope a couple times when I was a young teen, didn't buy into it then, don't now.

Do folks really take this stuff to heart?

Oh yes, there are people who are quite studious about astrology.  It is like a philosophy of sorts.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - It's like anything else in life.  The "horoscopes" that you read in daily papers are meaningless.  Half the time they're just written by someone assigned to the task, with little or no qualifications.

To be of any use, it must be more personalized and in-depth.

I certainly believe that the time and place we were born influences our life, but that's JMO.

Here is a tip about reading newspaper horoscopes.  Read for your rising time.  For me, my rising sign is Scorpio and my sun sign is Aquarius.  If I read the horoscope for my rising sign Scorpio instead my sun sign Aquarius, the "house" position for the is corrected.  "Houses" tell what area of your life is being impacted by a planetary influence on a certain day, and the "Houses" are correctly determined by your rising sign, not the sign the sun was in when you were born.