Super Contributor

Why do some people find it necessary to rain on another person's parade?

The OP is happy with this vehicle but someone always has to be a nay sayer.  I can understand making a comment on safety issues but do you really have to say this car is ugly?

I swear reading posts on these forums is like being in junior high and being surrounded with mean girls.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

Re: Nissan Juke

[ Edited ]

I never said that I thought it was an ugly car. I simply pointed out that the car has been listed as one. To me, it is not a car I would call attractive, but not ugly. There is a difference. No disrespect to the OP.  All opinions are welcome here.Woman Happy

If you buy it, hope you enjoy your new car. @occasionalrain

Honored Contributor

To small

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your responses, even the less enthusiastic. I like honesty, even when it's less pleasing. I'd rather be disappointed/hurt with the truth than disrespected with a lie.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the looks of the Juke,but I don't see very many on the road.  I've had a Nissan Rogue,it was about 3 years old when I bought it. I've had it for 4 years have never had a problem with this SUV. Runs and looks like new.

Someone mentioned a blind spot with the Juke. We always stick one of those little round mirrors you stick on your rearview mirrors. Voila...no more blind spot. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That Nissan looks very similar to the new Toyota C-HR. Imo, both are unattractive designs. If I had to choose, it would be the Toyota.

ETA...the Juke made it to many "Top 10 Ugliest Car" lists. 

@SilleeMee

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.  I understand that the Juke has a unique body style and that is probably why Toyota "copied" it.  I will say, in the 2 months I have owned my car I can't believe how many strangers have approached me to inquire about it. 

So that we can put some perspective in our differing opinions, please share with us what kind of car you drive.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That Nissan looks very similar to the new Toyota C-HR. Imo, both are unattractive designs. If I had to choose, it would be the Toyota.

@SilleeMee

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.  I understand that the Juke has a unique body style and that is probably why Toyota "copied" it.  I will say, in the 2 months I have owned my car I can't believe how many strangers have approached me to inquire about it. 

So that we can put some perspective in our differing opinions, please share with us what kind of car you drive.  

@magicmoodz,

It's funny you should ask because my car is on many "ugly car lists", too!...LOL!Woman LOL I bought my PT Cruiser because it can carry a wheel chair without any problem and the car can fit inside my small garage also. Had it not been for these things I would not have bought it. It's just not what I would call a nice looking car. Practical, but that's about it.Woman Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

personally, i LOVE ugly cars.... LOL

my favorite ugly cars are box cars. i just recently bought a used KIA SOUL as a "back up car." it is very comfortable and roomy. prior to that i had a honda element as my "back up car."

here is the nissan juke

nissan juke.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Right now I have a car that is 14 years old, but only has 48,000 miles on it. I've been looking at new cars, but I don't really need one.I don't take mine on long trips, so I keep the mileage low and I combine errands in one end or the other of the Sound to save on fuel. The only reason I am considering getting another car is due to all the advances in safety features since I bought my current car. So far I've looked at the Juke and the Murano, the Buick Encore, The Rav 4, the C-HR, and the all electric Chevrolet Bolt (not the Volt). Of those I loved the Bolt. Oh my gosh...quiet, spacious for a small SUV, lots of safety features, and it can go over 200 miles without charging. Unfortunately it starts in the $40 thousand range. I like all of the cars I've mentioned. I'm considering leasing instead of buying because of my low mileage. Anyone here ever leased instead of bought?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

@magicmoodz,

It's funny you should ask because my car is on many "ugly car lists", too!...LOL!Woman LOL I bought my PT Cruiser because it can carry a wheel chair without any problem and the car can fit inside my small garage also. Had it not been for these things I would not have bought it. It's just not what I would call a nice looking car. Practical, but that's about it.Woman Very Happy 

@SilleeMee

Well who makes up these ugly car lists anyway?  I have always liked cars that are visually a little more boxy than sleek and sexy. There is nothing wrong with a PT Cruiser (I actually find the convertibles kind of charming) and if it meets your needs it's a win-win.  😊