Honored Contributor

I'm thinking of getting one; I like how they look. If you have one, had one, would you share the positives and negatives? Thanks

Honored Contributor

I cannot share anything about them because I don't own one or know anyone who owns one but I think these are the cutest cars. 

If you buy, hope you enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nissan Juke

[ Edited ]

I have been watching this thread for responses myself since I went to their website a few months back and lusted after all the photos.  I love the way they put coordinating color lines in the detail of the paint exterior.  Cool looking cars but I am a Ford girl and paid off one at that, but you never know.............  But like you  @occasionalrain  @Lipstickdiva I agree they are something.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

That's a cute car, O.R.!

If I were you, I'd look into saftey ratings.

Here's a blurb about the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's tests:

IIHS Ratings and Tests

IIHS conducts its crash tests a little differently. For one, there's no star system. Instead, the agency ranks vehicles in one of four ways: Poor, Marginal, Acceptable and Good, with Good being the highest possible rating.

IIHS puts vehicles through five different crash tests. There's a small-overlap front test, where 25 percent of the car's frontal width strikes a barrier at 40 mph. There's a moderate-overlap front test, where a larger portion of the car strikes the barrier. There's a side test, where an SUV-like barrier hits cars at 31 mph. There's a roof-strength test, where a metal plate is pushed against a car's roof to determine whether it would easily collapse in a rollover, and there's a head-restraints-and-seats test, which measures forces on a driver's head and neck in a collision. IIHS has also recently started testing front-crash-prevention safety equipment, such as systems that avoid or alert drivers to an impending forward collision.

Depending on a vehicle's performance in IIHS tests, it can be given one of two awards. Cars that perform well are awarded a Top Safety Pick designation, indicating performance that's well above average in their class. Cars that do an outstanding job are given an even more prestigious Top Safety Pick+ award, which is one step above a simple Top Safety Pick designation.

Which to Consider?

When it comes to crash tests, you can never be too careful. So, if you're wondering which tests are most important, our advice is simple: Look at all of them. A car that aces both IIHS and NHTSA tests will surely be a good pick, while one that earns a more moderate score might not be the best choice if safety is your top concern. Either way, now you have all the facts about how IIHS and NHTSA conduct their crash tests, so you can make the most informed decision possible.

2017 Nissan Juke - Insurance Institute for Highway Safety

PRINT FULL REPORT FOR THIS VEHICLE

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Thank S,

I hadn't even considered safety and know I should. It just seems so responsible and, if a Juke gets a low rating I'll be disappointed. Hate when that happens.

Honored Contributor

I like the way they look, too.  I've had two Nissan Maximas, and my current car is a Nissan Altima.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

They are cute! What color do you like?

I haven't had one; I can't talk myself into buying anything but a Honda. 

I highly recommend doing searches for you tube reviews on the car in addition to reading other reviews & comparisons. I find them helpful. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a Juke a few months ago!  I never thought I would drive anything but a bigger SUV, but I am so in LOVE with this little, tiny SUV.  

I was ready to purchase a new car and a few issues came into play.  First, while I have always lived in the city, now I live in a condo with underground parking and while my husband's spot is on one side of me I was always worried about squeezing next to someone else's car (not being the best parker and am always kind of crooked 😕 ).  And then I decided it would be fun to have a sporty little car.  

I have never purchased a car with so little deliberation.  We were at the dealership, I saw it across the lot and said I need to see that car.  We took it for a test drive, went home, did some online banking transferring money from savings to checking, grabbed the checkbook and the car was mine.  

Two young salesmen came over to express how much they liked the car because of something to do with the engine (I have no idea what).  But this car delivers and is extremely zippy.  Mine is Metallic Bronze with leather interior and a sunroof--seriously, the only things that matter to me.  

I can't believe how much my husband likes my car and will drive it every opportunity he gets.  We even took it on an out of town trip a few weeks ago.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I just bought a Juke a few months ago!  I never thought I would drive anything but a bigger SUV, but I am so in LOVE with this little, tiny SUV.  

I was ready to purchase a new car and a few issues came into play.  First, while I have always lived in the city, now I live in a condo with underground parking and while my husband's spot is on one side of me I was always worried about squeezing next to someone else's car (not being the best parker and am always kind of crooked 😕 ).  And then I decided it would be fun to have a sporty little car.  

I have never purchased a car with so little deliberation.  We were at the dealership, I saw it across the lot and said I need to see that car.  We took it for a test drive, went home, did some online banking transferring money from savings to checking, grabbed the checkbook and the car was mine.  

Two young salesmen came over to express how much they liked the car because of something to do with the engine (I have no idea what).  But this car delivers and is extremely zippy.  Mine is Metallic Bronze with leather interior and a sunroof--seriously, the only things that matter to me.  

I can't believe how much my husband likes my car and will drive it every opportunity he gets.  We even took it on an out of town trip a few weeks ago.  

Heartx 20 have fun you lucky thing @magicmoodz

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I bought one in 2015 and only kept it for 1 year and traded it for a Nissan Rogue.  Believe me I loved that little car.  It had quick speed and good gas mileage, but it had one thing that just didnt work for me and that was a terrible blind spot.  The area between the front windows and the second seat windows was a total blind spot.  I used my mirrors, I turned my head and my body and in one year 4 times got honked at when trying to change lanes.  Believe me I looked and am a Very careful driver, but it was just impossible for me to see that one spot.  I do alot of highway driving and that is when I had the issues.  I never had a wreck, but a couple of close calls.  I switched to the Rogue which sits up taller and have not had a problem,  But believe me, it was a cute fun car to drive except for that one issue.  Best of luck..and enjoy if you get one.