Respected Contributor

Re: Nissan Juke

[ Edited ]

Hi, O.R.

Yeah, I hate to rain on parades, but,...

Awhile back I was looking to replace my Honda Civic, & initially wanted a sporty, small SUV.

Because of the inevitable aging process, I figured that it might be smart to buy a vehicle that was easy to step into, as opposed to down into.

Initially, I didn't even consider safety, but as I went along, I did....which ruled out some of the snazzier cars.

The Honda CRV had good ratings.

I ended up just staying w/ my Civic for now, because it's still in great shape & has low mileage, tho when I do make the switch, I'll probably get a CRV unless something better comes along.

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

My co-worker has had one for about 3 years now. She enjoys it very much and I've never heard her complain about any problems with it.

Esteemed Contributor

When my husband and I are going somewhere together, I will ask him if we should take his car or my "Infiniti QX70 wannabe".  😊

Frequent Contributor

My husband works in the auto industry and has a lot of experience with vehicles.  We bought a Juke for our son who is 18 at the time.  He buzzes all over the place back and forth to college and all around.  It gets good gas mileage and has AWD with is critical for us as we get 250+ inches of snow each winter.

as previous poster said it is zippy and efficient as well as really nice interior.  I read somewhere that the center council is modeled after a tank on a very nice motorcycle.  

This is vehicle rides really nice.  We drive a Chevy Tahoe which has a bit better ride but it is a MUCH bigger vehicle and uses ALOT more gas.

His is is very dark blue -almost looks black but in direct sun it has a tinge of metallics dark blue.  He has a fully loaded model and the interior is a beautiful color red with black.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago I really wanted that car but the visibility was terrible.  

Respected Contributor

I no longer trust Nissans because in the news many are shutting off while the owner is driving, Lots of speculation about why from overheating while using in hot weather to it happens to Nissans as they get up to 100,000 mi on the odometer. Initially I heard it was the Versas but it's happening to many varied models. Also heard that the computer brain overheats and possibly the culprit with mechanics saying for $3600 they'll repair it.  

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I no longer trust Nissans because in the news many are shutting off while the owner is driving, Lots of speculation about why from overheating while using in hot weather to it happens to Nissans as they get up to 100,000 mi on the odometer. Initially I heard it was the Versas but it's happening to many varied models. Also heard that the computer brain overheats and possibly the culprit with mechanics saying for $3600 they'll repair it.  

I own a 4 year old Nissan and none of these things have happened to me. My car has been from New England to Maryland/DC.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I own a 4 year old Nissan and none of these things have happened to me. My car has been from New England to Maryland/DC.

That's very good news @JaneMarple. I hope you don't mind my prayers for you and all Nissan drivers. I have read too many terribly frightening things about Nissan's lately. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Nissan Juke

[ Edited ]

That Nissan looks very similar to the new Toyota C-HR. Imo, both are unattractive designs. If I had to choose, it would be the Toyota.

ETA...the Juke made it to many "Top 10 Ugliest Car" lists. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That Nissan looks very similar to the new Toyota C-HR. Imo, both are unattractive designs. If I had to choose, it would be the Toyota.

ETA...the Juke made it to many "Top 10 Ugliest Car" lists. 

I've never cared what the masses like, find attractive.  If I like it, find it appealing, that's all that matters and I think it's hot.